What a year 2018 has been here at LIY! So many highs, several new challenges, exciting content and a TON of outfits shown. It’s always the week between Christmas and New Years that I geek out over analytics, looking back at what worked/what didn’t work, what products resonated with readers and how we can better do what we do in the coming year.
While I’m planning on doing a personal recap of my year in the next few days, I wanted to start with a business recap as several of you requested to see the top products sold in 2018! It’s so fun to see which products you all loved as much as I did and it’s fun for me to think about where you may have worn it, how you styled it and what life moments these pieces took you through! Promoting clothing can seem like such a petty or self-absorbed task sometimes [all.those.mirror.selfies], but it’s in those times where we hear from you, see pictures of you looking happy and confident and know that what we’re doing here is helping you save time [and hopefully money ;)] in a friendly, positive, environment. Our ultimate goal is to help you feel comfortable and confident. You don’t need another sweater to be beautiful, but if a certain sweater makes your smile just a little bit brighter, helps you feel strong and powerful or keeps you warm and cozy while running after your busy children, I think that’s a sweater worth wearing.
All of this to say, THANK YOU. Thank you for allowing Living in Yellow to play a small part in your wardrobe, for the messages of love and support and for the opportunities that you have provided! YOU are the reason this is all so fun and possible! Without further ado, I present to you the top purchased products by LIY readers & the most viewed blog posts of 2018! Enjoy!
Top Selling Brand:
This year was a dream come true here at Living in Yellow when were able to collaborate with a personal favorite brand, Gibson, to bring you TWO Gibson x Living in Yellow collections at Nordstrom! Our spring collection was so well received that we were able to do it all over again this past fall with our beloved Cozy Collection. It was these two collections that made up our top selling brand and for that I say thank you twelve million times over!
Top 15 Selling Products:
I’m going to start at 15 and work our way down to the number one purchased items by the LIY Tribe! Let’s see what you were all loving in 2018….
15. Liverpool Kelsey Knit Trousers – Size down if in between, wearing in 2 [my normal size]These were quickly deemed my favorite wear to work pants early in 2018 as they are incredibly comfortable, the perfect length for my 5’4 frame and hold up so well over time. If you need a new pair of work pants for 2019, I’d get my hands on these! They also come in some fun colors here!
14. Lush Henley – True to size, wearing in small. ON SALE!The softness of this top alone makes it worth purchasing. I own this 4 different colors and have worn it on many vacations [it packs great] and spring or fall days. It’s definitely an easy to top to throw on and go and has been a fan favorite for awhile now!
12. Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan – Size down if in between, wearing in XS/SM. It is no surprise that this Barefoot Dreams cardigan made the top 15 as it makes my personal top 5. This is hands down the coziest piece I own in my closet and whether I’m wearing it around the house to lounge in, on travel days on cold airplanes or with a top and jeans for dinner out, it is so versatile and is such a treat!
11. Leith Ruched Body-con Tank Dress – Size up, wearing in small This ruched dress has been a reader favorite for awhile now and for good reason. It is super flattering and quite comfortable. I haven’t had any issues with sheerness and love this for vacation or summer days! It looks as cute dressed down as it does dressed up!
10. Treasure & Bond Sannibel Platform Wedge Sandal – Size up half a size I bought these wedges last spring and I haven’t stopped wearing them since. They are so comfortable and surprisingly easy to walk in thanks to the ankle strap AND they come in some adorable colors [ordering another pair for our upcoming cruise as we speak!] You all loved them just as much and gave them rave reviews once you tried them!
9. Caslon Rolled Boyfriend Shorts – Size down, wearing in 25 It’s hard to find a great pair of shorts, but thankfully we found them with these. Here’s why I love them [and why you did too!]: They aren’t too tight around the thighs, the cuff is permanently stitched so they don’t come undone, they are a perfect 4-inch inseam [not too short, not too long] and they are so comfortable!
8. Loveappella Maxi Dress – True to size, wearing in small I have had this maxi dress for two years now and it still remains a constant summer go-to. You know how good it is once you try it on. It’s the most comfortable jersey material that doesn’t cling and has a very nice weight / thickness to it so it’s not sheer at all. I love to travel with this dress and thing it’s great with flat sandals or wedges! A must have!
7. American Eagle Jeggings – True to size, I wear in short for 5’4. BUY ONE, GET ONE 50% OFF!If there is one purchase I will tell anybody and everybody to make – it’s American Eagle jeans. The entire LIY team is team AE when it comes to denim. You can’t beat the price, the comfort and the fact that they never stretch out with wear. I also love that they offer their jeans in x-short, short, regular, long and x-long inseams meaning literally anybody can wear them. The high waist leggings are my favorite! This pair was particularly popular thanks to its reinforced distressing [you get the look of distressed jeans without the cool air blowing in].
6. Born Felicia Knee High Boot – True to size. ON SALE!If there is a way to spot an LIY follower, it’s with these Born boots. Nothing makes me happier when I spot one of you out in public wearing the boots I will never [ever] stop talking about. They are hands down the most comfortable riding boot I have owned and they last forever! An LIY Tribe forever favorite!
5. Gibson Cozy Tunic – Size down if in between, wearing in XS! ON SALE!This tunic made its debut appearance in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and it is still selling strong! It is incredibly cozy and soft, I love the longer length and stitching down the front and the back! It was fun to hear from so many of you who loved this just as much as I do!
4. Gibson x Living in Yellow Skye Cozy Joggers – Size down if in between, wearing in XSA definite personal favorite from the year, these Skye cozy joggers were launched in our spring Gibson x LIY collection, but you readers loved them so much Nordstrom made them a permanent item in their inventory! Words can’t describe just how much I love these [or how often I wear them]. I truly wear them nightly to sleep, around the house, on travel days or out running errands. So cozy but nice and lightweight where you don’t get too hot in them. Bonus: POCKETS.
3. Abercrombie Asymmetrical Snap Up Fleece – Size up if in between, wearing in small It is no surprise that this pullover continues to perform! I own it in several colors and as you can see, the entire LIY team is hooked as well. It is SO cozy and the detail on it is perfection. Our tribe loves this pullover just as much as we do as it sells like hot cakes every time it is on sale. Do yourself a favor and get yourself one if you haven’t already…we don’t think you’ll be sorry!
2. Lush Perfect Roll Sleeve Tab Tunic – Size down if in between, wearing in XS! ON SALE!
A fan favorite for years now, this tunic is an easy go-to for a lot of you! The fact that you can wear it with leggings or jeans makes it an automatic win and it’s low price tag also shoots it right to the top of the rankings!
And the #1 purchased item from LIY readers in 2018 was….
1. Old Navy Mid Rise Distressed Pull-On Jeggings – True to size, wearing in petite for 5’4. ON SALE!Two words: Pull-Ons. Whenever you ladies hear these words you RUN! These jeggings were our most popular purchased item of the year and we continue to hear rave review after rave review from those of you who wear them! These $25 jeans can’t be beat!
And now for a few other top sellers across beauty, home and men’s items….
Top 3 Beauty Products Purchased:
We just posted about this in the last couple of weeks and it’s already become a top 3 beauty product sold! I ordered mine and can’t wait to get it in! Gone are the days of tangled cords and drawers that look like disasters….
2. Urban Decay Naked PaletteThe Urban Decay eye color palettes continue to be the only palettes I use and apparently for you too! I am a huge fan of their colors, how well they go on and stay on and the different combinations you can do with them!
1. L’ange Curling Wand – I use the 25 mm Titanium Lustre Wand. ON SALE!
This wand changed my hair curling game bit time this year. Before 2018 I had no clue how to curl my hair, after using the wand I have zero problems in styling my hair! A ton of you have since purchased the wand and said the same thing! For a video on how to use it, you can watch here!
Top 3 Home Products Purchased:
3. Mellani Bed Sheet Set – ON SALEFor under $30, you can’t beat this sheet set. We have them on our bed and absolutely love them. They are incredibly soft and come in a ton of color options! Tons of you purchased these for either yourself or kiddos and have agreed – they really are awesome!
2. Martha Stewart Cast Iron 6 Qt Dutch Oven – ON SALE!It’s no surprise that this Dutch Oven made the top 3 again this year. It’s SO well made and is the perfect option for cooking soups, mashed potatoes, or whatever your heart desires. The benefits of cooking in a dutch oven are that it cooks the food more evenly and is safe up to 500 degrees! The best part? The color options 😉
1. Kennebunk Bliss Plush Throw – ON SALE!This throw was our top purchased home item in 2018! I loved this since the moment I got it – it’s so crazy soft, doesn’t pill or shed and comes in a ton of great colors! This is a perfect gift for any lady in your life or yourself!
Top Men’s Product Purchased:
1. Mavi Zach Straight Leg Jeans – True to size These jeans were the top purchased men’s item for 2018! Shawn loves his Mavi jeans more than anything and continues to talk about just how soft and comfortable they are with nearly every wear. They come in a variety of styles and cuts, but the Mavi Zach Straight leg in this Dark Maui wash is his go to!
Top 5 Viewed Blog Posts:
This year was a fun year for blog post content – we really tried to step it up a notch in becoming a great resource for you, the reader and hopefully you felt like we did just that! At the very top of the list was the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Hits & Misses and a lot of my Weekly Roundup blog posts also were at the top of the list! Here are the other ones that caught your attention…
5. Best Shorts For Every InseamShorts shopping can be hard. We took some of the guesswork out by bringing you this post where I shared several different styles of shorts based on different inseams! There is literally a pair of shorts for everybody here!
4. Leggings Comparison [9 Pairs Tested!]Oh leggings, how we adore you. If you’re like me, leggings are one of the most worn pair of pants in your closet, but it can be hard knowing which ones make the cut. We tested and compared 9 different pair to bring your our favorites here!
3. Best White Jeans [10 Pairs Put To The Test]Are you seeing a common theme for the style of posts you were all drawn to this year?! Next up on the list was our white jeans blog post where we tested and compared several different styles, again, bringing you the top rated for the season! Get ready for spring by checking out this post!
2. Master Bedroom Makeover2018 was a BIG year for home renovations for us, starting with our master bedroom. After years of neglecting the space, we finally turned it from what felt like a teenagers room to a sanctuary for adults. You can see the full post here! For more home posts from the year, you can take a look here!
And the number one viewed blog post this year goes to….
1. How To Create a Fall Capsule WardrobeIf there is one style of post that you all love, it’s capsule wardrobes! Our Fall Capsule Wardrobe won most viewed for 2018. We shared how to take 15 pieces and create 40+ outfits out of them! We do one every season which you can see here!
And that my friends, completes all of the fan favorites from 2018! I’d love to hear what your favorite item from 2018 was! Drop a comment and let us know! Here’s to another exciting year….