Exciting news party people – your walls are about to get so much happier! After months of talking and planning, it’s time to reveal and officially launch the Living In Yellow sign collection in collaboration with my favorite sign maker [and sister] of all, Joyfully Said Signs!
If you’ve followed me for an extended period of time, you may know that I really do love all things home decor, but more specifically filling our house with things that really make it feel like our home. I have always gravitated towards filling our walls with words that I both love and that seem to resonate with us. I think there is so much power in what we surround ourselves with, so for me, it’s always seemed like a logical idea to fill our spaces with positivity and reminders of love, hope, and of course, fun. My sister felt similarly and decided to launch a sign business which has since taken off like crazy over the past year [yaaaaay, sis!] When she approached me about creating a Living In Yellow line, it seemed like a no-brainer. While I will admit to not being the most creative on the block, the challenge of dreaming up signs that I would want in my own home was way more fun and dare shall I say, easier than I thought. After thinking about not just every room in our own home but also where I’m at in my life and what words are filling up my mind and heart currently, we were able to produce ten different signs for this first collection. If it’s okay with you, I’d love to take you through each of them and share a little bit about the “why” behind it and offer a few suggested rooms to place each sign! Please keep in mind before we get started that all of these signs are offered in different color combinations and frame stains. The world is your oyster baby.
1. “May our walls know joy, may each room hold laughter, and may every window open to great possibility.” Suggested rooms to hang: Entryway, Kitchen/Dining Room, Living Room // Suggested gift for: New homeowners, newlyweds, yourself
I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that this sign will be the most popular sign in this first LIY collection. For a while, I had been wanting a new entryway sign but had no clue what I wanted it to say. When I saw these words put together I knew it was perfect. I love the versatility of this sign [truly, you could hang it almost anywhere] but also the message that comes along with it. Our homes are most likely where we spend the majority of our time [if it’s not for you, you are clearly much cooler than I am] and should be a place of joy, laughter, and possibility.
2. “Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air” Suggested rooms to hang: Sunroom, Living Room, Children’s Bedroom, Office, Covered Porch, Waterfront Home // Suggested gift for: Somebody who lives on the water or a girlfriend who loves the sunshine
This Ralph Waldo Emerson quote has always been a favorite of mine. If you know anything about me, you probably know that I am a huge be outside in the sun type of girl. Whether it be on the boat, hanging by the pool, visiting the ocean, etc I just can’t get enough of the fresh outdoors. We hung this in what we call our “outdoor room” and it is so fitting for our home on the water. If you too are a sunshine girl, this sign may just be the one for you.
3. “You, Me, & The Dog(s)” Suggested rooms to hang: Mud Room, Entryway, Living Room, Master bedroom // Suggested gift for: Newlyweds with a dog(s), Christmas present for a dog lover couple, birthday gift for your best dog-loving friend and of course, yourself.
Without a doubt, I had to do a sign around dogs. It is no secret that fur animals are my children and I couldn’t live without them. When we originally created the sign, Maggie was still our one and only hence the singular version of the sign, however, since losing her we added two new pups into our life, hence the availability of “dogs”. We hung this sign right above Max and Ollie’s food bowl and I don’t think it could be more adorable [yes, I still need to swap my sign out to the plural version]. This also looks great on a gallery wall due to the smaller square size of it. Wherever you hang it your pups will love you forever for it.
4. “Choose Your Love, Love Your Choice” Suggested rooms to hang: Master bedroom // Suggested gift for: Newlyweds or an anniversary present
This was a piece of marriage advice that I was given, early on in marriage nearly 11 years ago and it has stuck with me ever since. I think we can all agree that loving somebody naturally every single day doesn’t always come easily. We often [sometimes too often] have to make a conscious choice to love the person we chose. I thought it was fun to separate these two statements into two signs than your traditional one sign to create a fun pair that can hang above a bed or somewhere else in a bedroom.
5. “Let’s Stay In” Suggested rooms to hang: Living Room, Kitchen/Dining Room, Bedroom, Basement, Entryway // Suggested gift for: New homeowners, newlyweds, new parents and truly, any person who has a home or apartment
You may have noticed that this sign isn’t brand new as it has been in the Joyfully Said Signs line since the beginning, however, it is a sign that has been hanging in our kitchen/dining room area since the minute it came out. This sign continues to be one of my favorites and one of my sister’s most commonly sold sign. As much as I love to be on the go, I love staying home even more. This sign is the coziest reminder that home is right where I want to be.
6. “Sleep Inn” Suggested rooms to hang: Guest Bedroom or Master Bedroom // Suggested gift for: Anybody with a vacation home, a vacation rental home or bed & breakfast
We had been on the quest for a sign to hang in our guest bedroom for the longest time and I couldn’t find something that fit the ticket until I came across this punny take on sleeping in. It is the perfect sign for any spot a guest will be laying their head at night. We added a little striped design to the sides of this to frame in the words and I love how it turned out.
7. “Maybe it won’t work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.” Suggested rooms to hang: Office // Suggested gift for: Somebody who is pursuing a new career or the risk takers in your life
This sign personally resonates the most with me for where I am at in my life. If you have followed along over the past six months, you know that I recently decided to leave two jobs to pursue this blog full-time. Whenever you are chasing after a passion doubt will have a way of creeping in, but I love that this sign reminds you that in the risk can be the greatest reward. We decided to add some fun to this sign by offering a painted frame. I also love the handwritten text which looks like you would have just jotted it down in a notebook while daydreaming about your passions, all while sitting in a job you can’t wait to get out of 😉
8. “Nothing fancy, just love” Suggested rooms to hang: Kids Play Room, Living Room, Entryway, Bedroom // Suggested gift for: New moms or moms of young children, those simple people in your life who radiate love
At first glance, this sign may not do much for you. It’s one of those that could easily be looked over but when you stop and think about the greatness of just the “real” message it provides, it’s probably one of my favorites. When I think about this sign it reminds me of those of us who don’t always have our crap together and maybe won’t ever have our crap together. It’s messy kitchens and messy lives but in those messes, there is love and a heck of a lot of it. It also reminds me of the message here at Living In Yellow – we strive to have a community built on authenticity and I think in order to achieve that you have to sweep the fancy, glamorous stuff aside more times than not and just connect with people in the ordinary of the day to day. The good the bad and the in between.
9. “Stay Awhile”Suggested rooms to hang: Living Room, Guest Bedroom, Entryway, Sunroom, Covered Porch // Suggested gift for: Anybody
This sign ranks right up there in the versatility department. I don’t know about you, but I love to host people in our home. It’s probably one of our favorite things to do year round. I love the simple message of gathering together and enjoying your time with one another that this sign suggests. It’s simple but it’s a good reminder. I’m thinking on the next launch we should add (and put your phones away) to the bottom of this 😉
10. “Life Is Either A Grand Adventure Or Nothing At All” Suggested rooms to hang: Office, Children’s Bedroom, Entryway, Living Room // Suggested gift for: A travel lover, somebody with a new job, somebody in a new office, or a new baby.
I think we can all agree on this, right? What we do with this life is predominately in our control so why not make it the best adventure of our lives? I love this sign for many reasons – one because it reminds me to get out there and see the world, challenges me in my job and instills a desire to say “yes” to more fun things in life. The overall large font and design of this easy to read, somewhat in your face also makes my heart and walls very, very happy.
Phew! There we go friends – the first ten ever signs in the Living In Yellow x Joyfully Said Signs collection! I would love to hear your thoughts on which sign(s) you are loving the most and maybe a few suggestions on what type of signs you’d like to see in the future! Be sure to make your way over to my facebook page where we will be doing some fun giveaways all week long in celebration of this fun launch!
ps. If you do purchase a sign and hang it in your home, please share it on social media and use the hashtag #LIYhome so we can be sure to see it and share it! I can’t wait to see a little LIY inspiration on your walls! May your homes and offices be as happy and as welcoming as they deserve to be…cheers!