I’ve made it NO secret that I am a huge fan of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Is it my favorite time to shop all year? Does Ryan Gosling look good with his shirt off? Exactly, the answer is yes. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale [NSale for short] is probably THEE most anticipated shopping event if you like shopping, online shopping, shopping for yourself, shopping for others, or shopping for brand spankin’ new items that immediately go on sale! Basically, it’s the most wonderful time of the year. To make things simple for you, I thought I’d breakdown the need to know about items for this years sale:
WHAT IS THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE?
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the HOTTEST sale of the year! BRAND NEW, never seen before items and classic staple pieces that rarely go on sale are discounted up to 40% off across all categories: Women’s clothing and accessories, Beauty, Mens, Kids, Home and MORE! It is the best time to stock up on brand new merchandise for fall and winter!
- Nordstrom recently released their Anniversary Sale catalog to give you a little tease of the 1000s of items that will be available. From what I’ve seen in previous years, the catalog is just the teeniest, tiniest glimpse of everything that will actually be included in the sale. So if you’re not seeing anything that strikes your fancy, have no fear. The sale itself is sure to be FULL of amazing goodness. Past year favorite finds include the ever so popular Zella High Waist Leggings, Born Riding Boots, Vince Camuto Booties, Premium Denim at amazing prices, Barefoot Dreams Cardigans and more!
DATES OF THE 2018 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE
- EARLY ACCESS: This year’s sale starts with Early Access on Thursday, July 12th at 12 am PST / 3 am EST for Nordstrom Rewards cardholders. If you don’t have a card yet, have no fear, there is still time to get the magic key [but act quickly – the longer you wait until July 12th the trickier it could get with having your card in time to shop]! When you have a Nordstrom credit card, you can shop the steals and deals before everyone else, 8 days to be exact. It’s pretty common for things to sell out FAST, so if you want to make sure you get exactly what you want, it’s definitely recommended to have access to shop early! Apply here to get your card! BONUS: By signing up for a Nordstrom card, you’ll get a FREE $40 Note to spend during the sale- it’s normally only $20 so this is double the fun! Just make sure you make your purchase on the same day you’re approved for your card in order to get that $40 Note!
- PUBLIC ACCESS: This year’s public access begins on Friday, July 20th at 12 am PST / 3 am EST. If you don’t have a Nordstrom credit card, you can still see everything that is available during early access, you just won’t be able to check out. You’ll be able to add items to your wish list so that as soon as you are able to shop on July 20th, you can check out quickly and easily! Public access continues through August 5th [don’t worry, I won’t let you forget]. After that, everything will go back up to full price. And nobody likes full price, am I right?
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM LIVING IN YELLOW DURING THE SALE?
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is when LIY comes ALIVE 😉 Per the usual, I will be awake at 3 am EST on July 12th scrolling the thousands of items to bring you a blog post of my top 100 picks right away!
- I’ll be shopping in store on July 12th and will be posting often with pictures of the items on to bring you true fit tips! Be sure to follow along on Instagram stories for that fun and the special group mentioned below!
- The most coveted Nordstrom Anniversary Sale blog post is always the Hits & Misses blog post where I cover every item I purchased and whether I’d recommend it or not! Expect to see this blog post the day BEFORE public access starts so you’re fully prepared on what to hit checkout on!
- This year we are doing something brand new and I’m so excited about it! To bring you full coverage of the sale, we just created this pop-up facebook group which will be used for Nordstrom Anniversary Sale coverage only! From nightly giveaways to Facebook lives of try on sessions, restock alerts, more hits and misses, more saving you $$$ [that’s what the sale is all about, right?] a community of others sharing their photos of pieces they purchased, ability to buy/sell/trade and MORE, it will be the most popular place to hangout during the sale! Don’t miss out and join in the fun here! We’ll continue to share finds on the Living in Yellow Facebook page, but we will be sharing so much more in the Insiders Group!
We are so excited to shop with you this year and can’t wait to find what YOU discover and are excited about! If you have any questions, drop ’em below and I’ll be sure to answer them! Get those shopping fingers ready…the countdown is on!
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.