With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, the team and I thought it would be fun to have our own little Valentine’s Day celebration, except being that we are all women and men were left out of these shenanigans, we deemed it our Galentine’s Day party and put a 90’s twist on it! If you are a product of the 90’s [seriously, the best decade, right?] this is such a fun thing to do with your girlfriends. I had almost forgotten about all things M.A.S.H, Gushers and Lip Smackers until this party showed up in my life. Between the killer snacks, scrunchies and glow sticks, 90’s DVDs, comfy pajamas and figuring out that I was going to marry JTT, live in a mansion with 12 kids and drive a station wagon, it was probably one of the better parties I’ve ever attended. If you are looking for a fun way to spend time with your girlfriends, whether it be in the spirit of Valentine’s Day or just want an excuse to get together and relive your childhood, here’s how you can throw your own 90’s themed Galentine’s Day party! Complete with recipes, printables and decor ideas!
- Create a guest list and send out invites! Don’t worry – we have the invitation ready for you to go! Simply click here to download and print!
- Head to your local Target dollar section and stock up on all of the necessary decorations [they have a great selection of Galentine’s items that have a little neon/90’s flair to them right now! I picked up plastic galentine’s wine glasses, balloons, tassel garland, plastic plates, galentine’s napkins, Girls Rule headbands and a few other odds and ends for the party! We may have made a heart paperchain garland for some extra pizzazz. When all else fails, make a paperchain. #lifemotto.
- Create a menu! We went with all of our favorites 90’s snacks including: Nutty Bars, Gushers, Ring Pops, Pizza Rolls, Popcorn, mini cupcakes and the most amazing Dunkaroo dip! For a beverage, we did celebrate the fact that we have graduated to the 21+ club and added a fun little alcholic beverage to the mix! Pink sherbet and champagne for the win! If you need little food or decor tags to label things, help yourself to these free printables!
- 1 Box Funfetti Cake Mix
- 8 oz Lite Cool Whip
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Sprinkles for topping
- Teddy Grahams
Mix funfetti cake mix, cool whip and yogurt together.
Top with sprinkles and serve with your favorite Teddy Grahams! Dunk on!
4. If you’d like to have little gift bags for your guests, put together some fun throwback items! We did Lip Smackers, glitter pens, candy necklaces, a bath bomb, bubble tape, notepads and because no gift bag is complete without a mini bottle of champagne, a mini bottle of champagne! Add a fun little valentine to let your girlfriends know how cool they are sealed with a LYLAS and you’re set! 5. Now time for the activities – this is where it gets fun! First of all, roundup your favorite 90’s movies! Think all things Clueless, 10 Things I Hate About You, She’s All That, Now & Then, etc! Bust out our childhood favorite games [yes, we have printables for you on this as well! 2 Cool, I know!] MASH and the classic Fortune Teller and go to town figuring out all of your friends destinies. Add an Instax Mini for a fun way to document the party [pre iPhone style] and your friends will have some fun photos to take with them!
6. Sit back, pop those pizza rolls, chow down on those candy necklaces, MASH your heart out, soak up those 90’s chick flicks and have fun! I promise this will be the best blast from the past. I’m already scheming how I can host my second one in the next couple of weeks. Long live glitter pens, Lisa Frank and Saved by The Bell. Forever and ever, amen.
Shop some of our 90’s party must-haves below and for more inspiration, check out the Pinterest board we put together here!