It’s easy to forget your blessings. Life has a way of getting busy, the news has a way of highlighting the ugly and our minds gravitate towards the to-dos rather than taking a moment to appreciate all that we have or has already been done. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, there is no better time than now to take a minute [or hour] to remind ourselves just how many things we do have to be grateful for. I am a huge advocate for documenting your gratitudes [shoot, that’s how this whole blog was originally started] because it really can transform your mood or mindset almost immediately. I thought it’d be fun to share a few  things I am thankful and then give YOU the chance to do the same. Becca, our Creative Director, put together a cute printable [you can also download and use it as a fillable PDF] for you to use over the next 14 days! Print it out for yourself, print one for every member of your family, heck, make your dog fill one out. Alright, let’s get this gratitude party started!
1. Cheese. I think this goes without saying, but without all things muenster, pepperjack, parmesan, queso and the best type of cheese of all – macaroni and cheese, really, I am nothing. Sure, it may not do awesome things for the waistline but it sure does a lot for my joy levels and I gotta say joy > buttoning jeans.2. Wine. It would be rude if I mentioned cheese without its phenomenal sidekick, wine. It’s just always there for me – to celebrate, to relax, with friends, by myself in a bathtub. Red or white, no discrimination here. One glass a day keeps the sanity in play. 3. Social Media. What would one actually do with their time without all things Facebook, Instagram and the like? WOULD WE BE EXPECTED TO TALK TO EACH OTHER OR WHAT? And how would people know we are doing cool things? Would we be expected to pee while doing NOTHING else [act like you don’t use that time to scroll your precious feeds]. On a serious note, without social media and this blog, I would be without a job. And well, I kinda like being employed. Who would have ever thought that we’d have social media to thank for our careers?! Crazy little world of opportunities, I tell you what.
4. Puppies. Without puppies, life is much less snuggly. I can’t get enough of these little boys and all of the joy they bring into our lives. Max and Ollie, you had big shoes to fill and you’re growing quite nicely into mama’s heart. Thanks for throwing yourselves at me when I walk through the door, biting my hair in the mornings when I’m trying to sleep and licking my armpits at all hours of the day. You sure know how to make me smile and crazy all at the same time.
5. Nieces and Nephews and bears, oh my! SIX. That’s how many we have of these little guys and gals now. That’s enough kids to fill an entire playground. They sure bring us a heck of a lot of joy between all of their hilarious little sayings, insane energy and always honest answers. Without these guys, I wouldn’t have a clue just how important Shopkins and Star Wars are to life. WHO KNEW.
6. Husbands who make dinner, fix things and continually teaches me that saying “no” can sometimes be good. When you have a good man by your side, all things are possible. So thankful to have somebody who supports me, believes in me and knows how to read recipes. Without you, our house would absolutely fall apart and my oil would never get changed. 7. Target Christmas Section.My house is about to have the aisles of Target throw up all over it and I’ve never felt better about puke. Target, I don’t know how you do it but you do – every freaking time. From pillows to trees to mugs, candles, and throws, THEY HAVE IT ALL. Watch out world, Christmas decor coming through.
8. No-shave November. And I’m not talking about my face. I just really appreciate that Jesus chose to add in a few months of the year that allows us a break from shaving our legs every other day. See ya again next year razor!
9. Wifi on Airplanes. Without it, this blog post would have never got written. It will always boggle my brain that we can be flying like a freaking bird yet getting work done like all of the humans sitting in their office thousands of miles below at the same time.
10. The LIY Team.If we were talking about this in person, there’s a good chance I’d be crying. I always get emotional talking about these girls because the love is so real. Without them, 99.9% of the things wouldn’t get accomplished. It’s amazing when you can bring a group of women together who genuinely love, support, encourage and cheer on one another. We’re not just co-workers but great friends and I wouldn’t want it any other way. This job is fun because of them! Love you girls!
11. Pajamas, leggings, and slippers. It’s really the only thing I wear come November, December, January and February. Basically 1/4 of my wear is dedicated to pajamas. It makes eating all of that cheese a lot easier. ugg fleece lined slipper socks // pajama and eye mask set
12. Fireplaces. More specifically fireplaces in log cabins in the middle of the mountains.This is exactly where I am right now as I finish up this blog post and I gotta say, if there is ever a place I had to be on a Saturday morning, this place is a pretty dang good place to be. We are in Utah currently at the Sundance Resort and it pretty much fulfills every winter desire in my body.
13. My parents. For one, I wouldn’t be here without them. Secondly, they are awesome. I’ll always think my parents are way cooler, more adventurous, funnier and well, fun than I am. Thanks for loving me like no other mom and dad!
14. The end of blog posts. As much as I always enjoy writing them, I often equally love when they are over. Now it’s time for your to reflect and document! Download your own Gratitude Journal Printable here!