December is days away which means one thing – holiday parties. Between work soirees, fancy dinners with friends, winter weddings to NYE festivities, I can almost assure you that a dress will be making its way to your body over the next 30 days. To help you prepare I thought I would share a few different options from super glam to a few notches down, hopefully, one of the below will leave you feeling as fabulous and beautiful as you deserve! From long dresses to short, sleeves or no sleeves, velvet, lace, sequins and more, whatever your preference is, they all offer a little bit of wow factor that will be sure to make you stand out in a crowd! All of these options came from the home of all greatness, Nordstrom. They have a gorgeous selection of holiday dresses [proof here] across all budgets. Thanks to their always free shipping and free returns, it takes the worry out of the process which is worth oh so much in my opinion! Without further ado, I present to you my top picks and trends for holiday dresses that will sparkle, shine and get you in that festive spirit all month long! Oh and hey – if you notice the copious amounts of goosebumps in the pictures below it’s because it was absolutely ridiculously freezing when we shot these. The joy of Indiana winters 😉
I think this is the PERFECT way to bring velvet into your wardrobe this winter. Sometimes velvet can be intimidating or tough to pull off, but this is the most elegant way I have ever seen it done. Add in the flattering shape, one shoulder bow detail and classic black color and this baby is timeless! I simply paired it with my favorite go-to heel and statement earrings and called it complete! You don’t need much when your dress says this much..
Eliza J Bow One-Shoulder Velvet Gown [true to size, wearing in 2] // Sam Edelman Yaro Ankle Strap Sandal [true to size, wearing in jute]// Kendra Scott Drop Earrings
2. Sequins. I don’t know what screams New Year’s Eve more than this dress. Not only is it fabulous this way, it is reversible meaning you have TWO dresses in one! It is the mermaid type of sequins where if you rub your hand the opposite direction it turns a different set of colors – from silver and black to gold and pewter! Magic, really. This dress is packed with SO much fun, 2018 is bound to be a great year if you wear this baby to ring it in!
Eliza J Reversible Stripe Sequin Shift Dress [true to size, wearing in 2] // Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lindsay’ Ankle Strap Sandal [size up!] // Rebecca Minkoff Leo Envelope Clutch // Kendra Scott Drop Earrings
3. Jewel Tones. Who said you can only wear red, green and black around the holidays?! Bring in your favorite jewel tones [purples, emeralds, royal blues, etc] and dance the night away! This color is all sorts of perfection and the embellished front is the perfect amount of sexy without being too much. Added bonus? Pockets! LONG LIVE THE POCKETS!
4. Lace. The ever so classic and elegant lace. I love that this particular dress has long sleeves which is nice for a little extra warmth in the dead of winter! The little ruffle detail is also pretty adorable. Add in a great pair of suede heels and you are good to go. I love opting for a color when it comes to footwear as black can be so predictable.
5. More sequins. This is another fun and festive option for those parties this winter when you’re looking to make a statement without being too over the top. A little bit of sex appeal thanks to the form-fitting cut and a little shorter [yet not too short!] to show off those sexy legs. I love the navy and black together and the triangle detail to give it some edge! Perfect NYE option as well!
6. Last but not least, floral. This dress couldn’t have made me happier if it tried. I love not just the colors [how gorgeous are they?!] but the cut and overall feel. It gives a classic shape and the high/low hemline adds the perfect amount of drama to make a real statement when you walk through a room. We have a wedding this winter and this dress may just be the ticket.
Eliza J Floral Jacquard High/low Gown [true to size, wearing in 2] // Sam Edelman Yaro Ankle Strap Sandal [true to size, wearing in laser purple suede] // Kendra Scott Drop Earrings // Rebecca Minkoff Leo Envelope Clutch
There we have it friends – six dresses that will have you covered for every party situation on the planet. Which one are you loving the most? Be sure to check out Nordstrom’s selection for even more dress options this holiday season!
Disclosure: Thank you to Nordstrom and ShopStyle for partnering on today’s post.