- I think the best [and most calorie-free] way to flavor your bottled water or coffee is to put a piece of chewed gum in it. I should clarify, a piece of YOUR chewed gum in it. Peppermint of course. Most people never want to talk to me again after they have witnessed this phenomenon of mine, however, they haven’t truly lived, nor know the minty satisfaction that your drink(s) can have from doing so. Don’t knock it til’ you try it, that’s all I’m going to say about it.
- I am a severe hypochondriac, but not the kind that turns to WebMD every time I feel the slightest pain. In fact, quite the opposite. I am crazy afraid of hearing or reading about ANY kind of medical thing. Every time the news does those little segments on TV about the latest disease or shares a story of somebody with cancer, I have to cover my ears and yell “LA LA LA” as loud as possible while running the opposite direction. I’ve been this way for as long as I have been alive. My mind can’t physically handle hearing about these things or it will obsess over it. In the matter of one day, I could have five different [usually deadly] diseases and it will be the only thing that has filled my mind that entire day. It definitely gets way more intense and worse when my anxiety is high, but regardless, it’s something I struggle with often. Even when my dentist offers to take my blood pressure as a courtesy check-up, I have to say no because I don’t want to know the results. I am a freak, I understand. But it’s just the way I am.
- I have worn lipstick less than three times in my entire life. Each time I felt like a complete and utter fraud.
- Photoshoots for the blog give me major anxiety. Not the actual taking of the photos, but the planning of them part. Every time I have to pull outfits together to be photographed it feels like I am packing for vacation and if you know me at all, you know that packing is most likely going to be the death of me. It’s like my brain can’t handle it. No joke, it took me all of an 8 hour day this week to plan for one photoshoot. Tears and a glass of wine may have been involved.
- I have to drive with my sunroof open, regardless of how hot or cold it may be outside. I’m that person with either the air conditioning cranked full blast or the heat turned the highest it can go..just so my sunroof can be open. Speaking of sunroofs and facts you may not know about me, this past summer I drove [okay, rode] over the Golden Gate Bridge in a limo while standing outside of the sunroof with my arms in the air and it will forever be one of my favorite moments of life. Highly encourage you to do the same.
- I lied – you get six. Fashion and style are something that I wouldn’t say I excel at. In fact, I am quite plain and simple when it comes to getting dressed if you haven’t noticed by now. I’m not one to really be a trendsetter by any stretch of the imagine [white t-shirts fo’ life] but I do enjoy getting dressed and at least attempting to look half cute most days. Lately, a go-to place for my wardrobe has been ShopBop mostly because they have every great brand under the sun, partially because it is always free shipping and free returns and also because despite my love of all things plain and simple [which they have plenty of] they have a ton of pieces that push me outside my comfort zone a little bit. A few of my favorite brands they carry are Jack by BB Dakota, Blank Denim, Z Supply, Sam Edelman and duh, Converse. Outside of today’s outfit [links at the bottom of the post] here are a few  other top picks from the month I’m loving! Long story short to this point, it is only because of places like ShopBop that I have a chance of being a “fashion blogger”. That term always makes me giggle.
Shop today’s look easily below –>
Disclosure: Thank you to ShopBop and ShopStyle for partnering for today’s post.