While it’s still technically not summer yet [hi June 20th!] I’m fully convinced that it’s here and I’m not turning back, no matter what Indiana weather decides to throw at me. Yes, it’s 80 and sunny now but it very well could be 40 and snow next weekend. It’s a sneaky little thing that Indiana is. Regardless, summer is almost here and I am embracing every little morsel that it has to offer. Or at least that’s the goal.
If you’ve been around here for any length of time you have probably seen me write a post of things that I want to do. Do not mistake that with a post of things that I actually do. That whole want vs action thing is still something I’m polishing up on [hence why I haven’t worked out in over a month]. To ensure I have at least somewhat of a plan in place for things I would like to accomplish this summer I thought I would put together a little bucket list of sorts. Lets do this…
1. Go to at least 5 concerts, preferably 10. Summer is prime time for live music and there is nothing I love more than singing among a crowd of people just happy to be live. So far on the list we have Florida Georgia Line, Cole Swindell, Cadillac Three, Chris Janson, Trace Adkins, Eli Young Band, Rascall Flatts and Kelsea Ballerini. So I might like country music. Really if I could just add Justin Bieber into the mix my life would be set.
2. Live outside on the patio as much as possible. Preferably with friends and a giant glass of wine.
With the completion of our patio, we now have a large space to entertain and entertain we shall. We had the first kickoff party last week and I’m craving another one already. There’s nothing better than gathering around a fire, pouring a glass or three of wine, turning on some music and letting the stories flow. We opened up a few bottles of Sequoia Grove Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon and oh baby, now that is some good wine. You know how there is wine and then there is actual really good wine that your guests compliment you on? Enter Sequoia Grove wines. Those folks in Napa Valley apparently know what they are doing and have been doing it well since 1979. This wine is truly so full of flavor, smooth and tastes luxurious. You deserve it, pour yourself a glass and enjoy. You can shop it all right here!
Yeah, I could go for all of the above again.
3. Try new clothing trends. This may sound silly but I am a creature of habit when it comes to fashion – I like what I’m comfortable with and I stick with that. All of this boho, lace, off the shoulder stuff is totally out of my element but with summer on the verge I feel like it’s a great time to get a little experimental. Come at me summer trends, I’m ready for you.
4. Enjoy the outdoors with no technology in hand. I am so guilty of laying on the boat while scrolling mindlessly on Instagram not even taking in the beautiful scenery around me or the entertainment of my captain and husband. I want to leave technology indoors as often as possible and enjoy the fresh air without having to photograph it.
5. Workout every day in June. Yikes, it scares me just writing it. Somebody, anybody keep me accountable to this. I need the calories for wine 😉
And that’s just the start – cheers to the fun and sun that’s to come! [I also added “rhyme like a boss” to my bucket list #nailedit]