How Modsy Works
- You’ll first start by simply choosing the package that you want! Whether you’re doing just one room [think living room, dining room, master bedroom, etc] or multiple rooms — there is an option for whatever your heart desires! Use code LIY20 for 20% off your package of choice [all but Luxe package included]!
- Once you have landed on the room[s] you are going to have Modsy design, you’ll complete a fun to fill out, interactive, style profile so that the Modsy designers can get a good grasp on what you are hoping to achieve in the look of your new space. During this style profile you’ll also be able to set budgets for items they will suggest that are comfortable to your price range.
- Upload photos of the space you’re wanting to have them design along with simple measurements [don’t worry, they provide very easy to follow instructions on what they need]!
- Anxiously away to receive your 3D renderings [side note: these 3D renderings will blow you away as you’ll see from my examples below] and visuals from Modsy! You’ll be able to take a true look around the room and be able to click on the products they are suggesting [and even swap out alternatives if your heart desires]. The classic package offers 2 free redesigns and the other design packages come with unlimited re-designs which means they will keep designing until you are 100% happy.
- Buy the products you want to include in your design [not obligated to any purchase] and start setting it all up! I loved this feature — you are able to add the items to your Modsy cart that they recommend / you love and checkout in ONE spot [no jumping around to all different retailers — this saves so much time and money as they work to find you the BEST price on each piece that they can]! As you’ll see below many of the items I shopped came from some of my favorite home retailers — CB2, West Elm, Crate & Barrel, etc!
- In no time you’ll have a completely new space for you to fall in love with.
Ready to see how Modsy totally transformed our barn from the “before” state to the incredible after?! Follow me…
Come on in, you’re entering the lounge area — in all of the collages you’ll see in today’s blog post, the top is Modsy’s 3D rendering they provided and the photo below it is our finished office! Warning: it may be hard to spot the differences, that’s how realistic their drawings are!
Sources of items in photos above:
- Baxton Studio Sorrento Mid-Century Retro Modern Faux Leather Upholstered Wooden Lounge Chair, Black
- Loloi Mika Area Rug Ivory/Black
- East at Main’s Rolfe Teak Coffee Table, Grey Wash
- “The Big Book of Chic” Book
- Cb2 Large Brass Candle Bowl
- Rivet Modern Round Metal Side End Accent Table, 15″W, Black
- Dotted Geo Framed Prints
- Atlas Wood Floor Lamp
- Cb2 Small Metal Ring Sculpture
- Atlas Natural Wood Table Lamp
- Cb2 Large Metal Ring Sculpture
- Rivet Uptown Mid-CenturyVelvet Tufted Customizable Daybed Sofa, 78″W, Hunter Green & Black
- Allison Handwoven Sheepskin White Area Rug
- Crate & Barrel Prost Medium Marble Drink Table
- Cb2 20″ Clique Black Pillow with Down-Alternative Insert
- Animal Prints
- Sideboard Cabinet
Now that we’ve made our way through the lounge, let’s hop over to my office for a second — first you’ll see what Modsy presented me with and right below it you’ll see how we made it come to real life!
Sources of items from photos above:
- Cb2 Suspend II Media Console
- Salena Navy Area Rug
- Safavieh Natural Fiber Collection NF447A Hand Woven Natural Jute Area Rug (4′ x 6′)
- Aspect Walnut 47.5″ Floating Wall Shelf
- Infinity Floor Mirror
- Cb2 Harper Brass Dining Table with Concrete Top
- Channel Suede Office Chair
- Cb2 Onyx Raw Edge Bowl
- Cb2 Marble Onyx Tea Light Candle Holder
- Cb2 Natural Teak Root
- Cb2 Chelsea White Concrete Box
- Cb2 Roscoe Large Rectangle Metal Basket
- West Elm Metalized Glass USB Table Lamp
- Mid-Century Hook Rack
- Cb2 Victor Leather 24″ Mirror
- Cb2 Faux Olive Tree 4′
- Clear Glass/Paneled Metal and Glass Broadway Barn Door with Installation Hardware Kit
- Photo sign from Joyfully Said Signs – design your own here!
Last but not least — the conference room. As you can see, Modsy provided us with a few designs [first two photos] and in the 3rd photo you’ll see what we crafted from their vision!
Sources of items from photos above:
- Cb2 Coyne Credenza
- Cb2 Rouka Black Velvet Office Chair
- ED Ellen DeGeneres Crafted Rug by Loloi BLACK / IVORY KOPA
- Aqua Virgo Burl Dining Table
- Cb2 Marcella Brass Antique Mirror Tray
- Crate & Barrel Infinity Prints, Set of 2
- Agave Plant With Succulents on Drift Wood
- Cb2 Helix 70″ Acacia Bookcase
- Glass/Paneled Metal Concorde Barn Door with Installation Hardware Kit
LIY Team Offices
And for the rest of the office? You can head upstairs to where each of the girls has their individual offices that they designed per their taste [all of which you can see here!] I absolutely love the hallway which fortunately already had this architectural detail when it was in the state of the barn and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out!
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.