Every once in awhile I’ll see another blogger share a recent lineup of items she is loving and I’m always so intrigued to see what’s on her list. I think it’s this same curiosity that has made favorite things parties around the holidays so popular with us ladies. We all want to know what our best friend recently bought and can’t get enough of. While I recently created this favorite things section on the blog for tried and true classics, I thought it would be fun to share recent random items that I use every day and can’t get enough of [and think you need to know about too]!
From headphones that have literally changed my life to $2 wipes you can find in the Target checkout aisles, there’s a whole lot of this and that below. Are you ready to see what I’m currently loving? Let’s dive in!
Here’s why I love them both. I was recently gifted this YETI Tumbler from my friend for my birthday [for some reason she saw the color yellow and thought of me ;)] and I have been using it religiously since. Whether it’s for coffee first thing in the morning, water all day long, or vodka and La Croix around the pool, I love that it keeps hot beverages hot and cold beverages cold, all without showing an ounce of sweat. Additionally it fits in the cup holder of my car AND I love the magnetic slider lid. Whether it’s for you or somebody else, this is the perfect gift for any human who likes to consumes liquids [I think that’s all of us, right?] Along with it, these Klean Kanteen straws. These were also a gift from a friend [from our favorite things party this past winter!] and I’ve been hooked since. I love that they are aluminum keeping plastic at bay, have a silicone tip [I don’t think there is anything more uncomfortable than cold metal against your teeth] and that you can throw them in the dishwasher between uses!
3. MOROCCANOIL® Dry Texture Spray If you’ve followed for any length of time, you’ve probably heard me talk about this MOROCCANOIL® Dry Texture Spray. I’ve been using it now for a couple of years and it is the root cause behind any volume my hair has. Just a few sprays after I’m done styling my hair and this baby adds texture, grit and the oomph I’m looking for. Bonus: it also smells amazing.
4. While on the subject of hair, I’ll mention these Sephora Collection x OLLY: Lustrous Hair vitamins. A few months ago I felt like my hair was breaking and falling out some so I went on an immediate quest to find a product that could potentially help. My first stop was checking out Olly Vitamins as they are my favorite [yes, mostly due to the branding and taste] so when I spotted these Sephora Collection x OLLY: Lustrous Hair vitamins I knew I wanted to try them. They are loaded with Keratin and Biotin, two things that are great for hair health. I don’t know if I’m hooked now for the grapefruit flavor or if I’m seeing a big difference in my hair, but whatever it is, I’m not stoppin’ poppin’ anytime soon.
5. Probably the thing I am loving the MOST right now, these Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case [housed in this cute little PodSkinz AirPods 2 & 1 Case]. Shawn got me these for my birthday after I told him how dumb I thought they were. Sometimes being proven wrong is the best thing that can ever happen to you, because it turns out I was way wrong. I have these in my ears more times than not, but especially in the morning, late at night and then scattered throughout the day as I work on my computer. I love that they are bluetooth, have no hanging cords, charge every time I put them back in their case [note: I charge the case by sitting it on this wireless charging station]. The sound is incredible, I love how the music turns off when I take them out of my ears and starts again when I put them back in, that I can receive calls through them and the list goes on. If you don’t have these, consider. You will love them I have a feeling.
6. Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte Body CreamFall has fell [or at least is starting to fall] around here which means one thing — bring on all of the fall scents. I picked this Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte Body Cream recently and I can’t stop rubbing it all over my body every time I get out of the shower. It smells like the best version of the season ahead that you could dream of and I love how moisturizing it is. I always keep a bottle in the shower and apply as soon as I turn off the shower and dry off a bit. Mmmmm, so good.
7. DIFF Cruz 57mm Metal Aviator Sunglasses These babies have been a tried and true go-to of mine for years now. Despite all of the wear and tear I’ve given to them. they have held up great and have remained in tact which is a miracle in of itself. They are a classic shape that can work for a lot of face shapes [curious what your face shape is and what sunnies look best on it? peep that info here!]
9. Bohemian Acrylic Geometric Octagon Hoop EarringsIs there anything better than a LIGHTWEIGHT pair of earrings that don’t rip your earlobes? I didn’t think so either. I stand corrected, earrings that don’t rip your lobes AND come in a tortoise leopard print, now that my friends is good. These under $10 earrings from Amazon are my recent go-to earrings for every day.
10. CALPAK Kaya Faux Leather Laptop BackpackGosh, I love this CALPAK Kaya Faux Leather Laptop Backpack. Not only is it perfect for travel [the straps slide over your carry on luggage handle which is amazing] it is perfect for the office too. It has a padded pocket for you laptop, plus a variety of other zipper compartments for other items. It’s a nice size and not bulky! If you’ve been looking for a backpack, I would highly recommend this one [three of us on the LIY team have it, use it, love it!]
11. Tory Burch Miller SandalsThese sandals were a splurge I made early this year and at first, I wasn’t so sure the splurge was worth it. I can now confidently say after wearing approximately 27,278 times that they have been worth it. I truly have worn these almost every day since buying them because they are so beyond versatile [I bought in sand patent — be sure to size up .5]. I love that I can wear them with dressier items or super casual items. It’s not that they are the most comfortable sandal I own [they are comfortable enough for every day, but not ALL day wear if you’re walking all day]. They still don’t show any wear and look brand new. Job well done TB.
12. Barefoot Dreams Circle CardiganLast but certainly not least, my beloved Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan. This has been a favorite for years so I felt like I should include it in this roundup. It’s typically the first thing I reach for in the morning while I reach with my other hand for my mug of coffee. In the fall and winter I love wearing it out and about with leggings, jeans and riding boots or nothing at all [kidding, or am I?] It stays soft forever and is the coziest thing I own in my closet. I’ve bought one for friends, my mom, co-workers and I always get rave reviews! A closet must!
And that’s a wrap on this edition of Erin’s favorite things! Remember to pop over here for even more and before you go, drop a line with one of YOUR current faves! It will be like a giant virtual favorite things party…..
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.
Sweatshirt [true to size] // Shorts [size up, wearing in medium] // Sneakers [true to size] The results are in, and these Amazon shorts are a WIN! We tried ’em from size XS to Large [in all the colors of the rainbow], and over and over we’re giving ’em nothing but raving reviews! Take a […]
Since 2011, Living in Yellow has served as a leading life and style blog.
Our mission is to be a positive light to our community and connect with women both online and in-person. We create and share resources, products, and experiences that help them live a more confident, convenient, and joyful lifestyle.