If there is one thing that is for certain it’s that a heck of a lot of us are now finding ourselves in a new “work from home” routine that many of us may not be used to. Fortunately [or not fortunately, you can decide] I consider to be an expert in this field as I’ve been working from my the inside of my bed or kitchen island for several years now 😉 With working from home brings a new wave of items you may be wishing you had within arms reach. Today I’ve rounded up over 30 of my favorite work from home essentials that can bring you added levels of productivity, coziness, focus, relaxation and all of the “get it done” vibes possible.
To get you started, here are just a few ideas with what you see pictured above along with a lot more tucked in the widget below [for more staying home posts, see our collection here with other tips / tricks and ideas]!
- Apple AirPods Pro – A must in my opinion for either taking phone / conference calls, listening to music or podcasts while working, or when you’re getting your at-home workout in, or heck, drowning out your kids screaming in the background 😉 I find this pair to be the most comfortable, noise cancelling, easy to use AirPods on the market. I love that they connect via bluetooth to your laptop or phone and the sound is perfect!
- Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug – This may not be considered an “essential” but it is a “nice to have” in this day in age since our trips to our favorite local coffee shop are a little more few and far between. You’ll never have a cold cup of coffee again thanks to your ability to control the temperature of the mug from your phone!
- DesignWorks Ink Twin Wire Bound Journal, Copper Geo (Pink) – If you’re anything like me, things are popping up all day long while working from home and having a handy sidekick [aka a cute notebook] to write it all down helps so much. Empty your brain onto these pages and you’ll feel lighter in seconds.
- Barefoot Dreams(R) CozyChic(TM) Lite Circle Cardigan – If you’re going to be working from home, you may as well be as comfortable as physically possible. Insert the world’s coziest cardigan ever. This has been a tried and true personal favorite for years and I can’t recommend it more for your countless days at home.
- Honsky Solid Portable Universal Aluminum Desktop Desk Stand – One of the better under $10 products I’ve ever bought on Amazon. This stand is a must-have in my world as I work on my laptop all day long. I love having my phone propped up next to me [awesome for FaceTime calls] or if you find yourself catching a quick Netflix show in between meetings 😉
- LapGear Home Office Lap Desk with Device Ledge – I just spotted this online and am ordering instantly. Not only does it hold your laptop this has a spot for your phone to standup and a mousepad should you need it. Stay comfortable on the couch while getting all of the work necessary done.
- TUL Retractable Gel Pens – The best pens on the planet, end of story. I have used these for awhile and swear by them.
- Olly Laser Focus Gummies – Lord knows I need these. Working from home can bring a whole new set of problems, focus being one of them. These gummies can help get you focused back on the job at hand and as an added bonus they taste delicious making them a fun mid-day treat 😉
- Anthropologie Home Capri Iridescent Jar Candle– The first thing I do every morning when working from home? Light a candle. You can’t beat a classic Capri Anthropologie candle to keep the good vibes alive!
Want to see even more?! Browse the 30+ other suggestions of work from home necessities I came up with in the widget below!
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.