The 2023 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is officially here, and we’ve been elbow deep in trying the pieces so you don’t have to! We’re sharing what was a hit and what was more of a swing and a miss in today’s post, specifically for dresses & jumpsuits! Don’t forget to join the LIY Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Facebook Group where there are nightly giveaways happening!
PS You can check out Erin’s FULL Hit’s & Misses blog post in one spot right here!
While I’m hitting publish today on this post, I still have a decent amount of items that are still on their way to me. With that being said, I will be updating this blog post often with new hits & misses so keep checking back!
If you have been shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale already, you may have missed a thing or two, but have no fear – you have until August 6th to purchase the products at a major discount. After that, prices will go back up to normal.
ANNIVERSARY SALE SHOPPING TIPS & TRICKS
- Anything that you love and want for yourself, add to your wish list and check out once the sale is live for your card level [reminder: if you don’t have a card, the public sale starts July 17th]! If it isn’t currently available in your size and color preference, things are always coming in and out of stock, so check back often!
- Remember that Nordstrom always offers free shipping and free returns! Because of this, I would recommend ordering two sizes on things you are unsure of, to make sure that you can get it at the sale price and return the one that doesn’t work!
- Some of the items I mention may currently be out of stock, but check back often for restocks! We’ll also be notifying you of restocks over on our Facebook page and #NSALE group [highly recommend joining the group for a ton of helpful info and nightly giveaways!]
- Keep in mind that while the sale lasts until 8/6, things go quick so don’t be like N*Sync and have to say “bye, bye, bye” to everything before it’s gone – shop early!
- If there’s anything I didn’t cover and you still have questions, ask away below and I’ll answer right here so check back! For more Nordstrom Anniversary Sale posts, click here!
- BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE — to see even more #NSALE looks from the team, be sure to check out our lookbook and click on NSALE LOOKS for even more goodness!
Erin’s Hits [5’4″ Small or 2/4]
If I could only pick one … Charles Henry Dress
Charles Henry Dress [true to size, wearing in small]
HIT: Caslon Dress
HIT: Charles Henry Dress
Cassidy’s Hits [5’4″, normally size small/4, currently 28 weeks pregnant]
If I could only pick one …Treasure + Bond Ribbed Sweater Dress
Lauren’s Hits [5’6″, size 8/10, Medium/Large]
If I could only pick one … Chelsea28 Pleated Puff Shoulder Long Sleeve Midi Dress
Chelsea28 Pleated Puff Shoulder Long Sleeve Midi Dress [true to size, wearing medium] // Aquatalia Luissa Bootie [true to size]
Julia Jordan Tiered Long Sleeve Drawstring Waist Dress [true to size, wearing medium] // Aquatalia Luissa Bootie [true to size]
Steph’s Hits [5’4″, Size 10 in Bottoms / M-L in Tops]
If I could only pick one … Steve Madden Pleated Cap Sleeve Minidress
French Connection Long Sleeve Faux Wrap Sweater Dress [TTS, wearing in M in Black – anxiously awaiting for it to arrive in Deep Teal!] / Sam Edelman Viv Pointed Toe d’Orsay Pump [TTS]
I was excited about this Court Dress because it is C-U-T-E, but it took it to another level when I realized the shorts are separate, unlike most activewear dresses! So comfortable and flattering!
Macy’s Hits [4’11”, size 000/00, XXS,XS]
If I could only pick one … Steve Madden Pleated Cap Sleeve
Katy’s Hits [5’4″, Size XS/S or 2]
If I could only pick one…Chelsea28 Ruffle Sleeve Midi Dress
Chelsea28 Ruffle Sleeve Midi Dress [size up if in between, wearing small]
If you need a wedding guest dress – THIS IS THE ONE! Feels amazing on, beautiful colors, and under $60 during the #NSALE
Heather [6′, Size Small or 4]
Heather here! This Zella dress is going to be great for traveling, lounging and anything in between. The high low style is a great length on my 6′ frame. I see it’s still available in Olive Night!
Erin’s Misses [5’4″ Small or 2/4]]
MISS: Steve Madden Dress
MISS: Melloday Dress
MISS: Julia Jordan Dress
MISS: Julia Jordan Dress
Cassidy’s Misses [5’4″, normally size small/4, currently 28 weeks pregnant]
Beyond Yoga Midi Tank Dress [TTS, wearing in size small]
Zella High Low Maxi Dress [TTS, wearing in small]
This dress didn’t have a ton of shape to it and kind of had a tent feel. It doesn’t have any sort of base layer or built in bra and I wish it did!
I didn’t love the fit of this dress and the texture kind of gave it a “crunchy” feel 🤣 For the price tag, it was a miss for me!
Lauren’s Misses [5’6″, size 8/10, Medium/Large]
Chelsea28 Floral Print Long Sleeve Chiffon Dress [true to size, wearing medium]
As much as I love the print and overall fit of this dress, the tightest part is my widest apart [belly and hips], which you may not notice from the front, but from the side made pretty self-conscious!
Steph’s Misses [5’4″, Size 10 or M/L]
This one made me feel like I was a dancing queen straight out of Mama Mia! Fun concept, but too much for my style!
Miss: Side Knot Crepe Dress
I didn’t hate this one, but there was just toooooo much fabric for me, and it was kind of heavy material!
Katy’s Misses [5’4″, Size XS/S or 2]
Madewell Floral Maxi Dress [size down]
OKAY this dress looked so beautiful on Cassidy (shown above) but on me I just felt very frumpy and children of the corn LOL
Halogen V-Neck Midi Dress [size down]
I had HIGH hopes for bringing this dress home, but once I slipped it on it was an immediate no.
Claire’s Misses [5’5″, size M/L or 10]
MISS: Outdoor Voices Dress
Outdoor Voices Dress [runs small, size up 1-2 sizes, wearing L]
They’re not joking when they say this one runs small. Size up 1-2 sizes! Wearing a large here, and still wasn’t flattering on my figure! Feels like great quality, but be sure to give yourself some wiggle room. PS. there’s no built-in padding and I personally didn’t feel comfortable going braless [and certainly NOT going to opt for a strapless with this one!]
Living in Yellow is a life + style brand that provides a fun space for girlfriends to gather and feel empowered through real talk and attainable fashion.