Ready or not, (who am I kidding? We’re ALL ready) Spring is right around the corner! The season to purge your closet (go, girl!) or simplify it with wardrobe staples is here! In the spirit of spring cleaning, we’re sharing 20+ Essentials for Your Spring wardrobe. With a few basics you might already own and new-to-me pieces that are already getting a ton of love, it’s all here. From a great pair of comfortable sandals to a wear-everywhere denim jacket, these are the pieces worth keeping in your closet this Spring!
PS. If you’re a LIY Life + Style Planner owner, be sure to refer to the Wardrobe Essentials checklist located in the front of the planner! This will guide you through closet staples to have on hand year round. And if you don’t own the planner, keep an eye out here for 2023 updates coming soon!
- Basic Tee or Tank – I wear this bodysuit (available in black, white, or blush) on repeat during the warmer months! If you prefer a classic tee, we tested and reviewed several to find the best white t-shirt in this blog post!
- Lace Tank Top – This lace detail adds a feminine touch to a closet staple. It works great for layering or to wear alone!
- Dressy Top – A versatile top that can go from work to play is a wardrobe must-have!
- Striped Tee – Nothing screams “summer” like a striped tee! This is another piece that can be layered all year long or works great by itself in warmer weather!
Shop Spring Tops:
Spring Denim & Bottoms
- Denim Shorts – Classic denim cut-offs are easily my most-worn piece in the spring-summer months! If you’re shopping for shorts, Team LIY is sharing their favorites here! And if you prefer to shop by inseam, head on over this post – showing denim shorts on heights 5’4 to 6′!
- White Denim – Finding the right white denim can be tricky. I’ve fallen in love with Liverpool denim over the years! They have great stretch and I don’t have to worry about them appearing a little too see-through. #Winning
- Skinny Denim – GenZ says skinny jeans are out, but I refuse to let go. This style is pull-on with a real button closure and real pockets!
- Girlfriend Denim – My favorite denim cut of the season! These work perfectly with every shoe in your closet from sandals to sneakers – and everything in between.
- Dress Pants – Work it, girl! Of course, if you’re heading into the office these days, a great pair of dress pants is a necessity. These are available in several fun colors for spring! If you’re looking to update your work pant game, we tested & reviewed 8 pairs here!
Shop Spring Denim & Bottoms:
- Little Black Dress – Every woman needs a LBD in her closet! This one is available in 15 color options, so you can stick to classic black or embrace the season with color!
- Midi Dress – From spring weddings to Easter Sunday, this dress does is all. Also available in the prettiest neutral Latte color!
- Casual T-Shirt Dress – For a casual lunch date to running errands, I reach for t-shirt dresses on the days I don’t want to put on pants, which is pretty much every day, am I right?
Shop Spring Dresses:
Spring Layers & Outerwear
- Lightweight Cardigan – Snuggle up, Buttercup! For cool evenings (think boat rides or outdoor dinners) a lightweight cardigan is great to have on hand. Layers are your friend, friends!
- Colorful Sweatshirt – If I could live in an oversized sweatshirt forever, I would. I love this pop of color for spring and summer!
- Blazer – “Workin’ nine to five” *cue the Dolly voice* For days at the office (because we all know how cold it gets when the AC kicks on) a comfortable, stretchy, blazer is essential!
- Rain Jacket / Trench Coat – Life hack: Embracing spring showers is so. much. easier. with a cute rain coat. My glass is half full, folks!
- Denim Jacket – Okay, friends. If there’s one closet staple you *must* have in your spring wardrobe, it’s a denim jacket. If you need some fresh inspiration, you can find 20 Ways to Style a Denim Jacket here!
Shop Spring Layers & Outerwear:
- Flat Sandal – These are hands down, my most worn footwear during the spring and summer months! A comfortable sandal that matches every outfit? Sign me up, scotty! If you need further proof, here are 25 Ways to Wear Tory Burch Miller Sandals.
- Block Heel Sandal – I’m loving the braided trend this season! If you’re looking to elevate any outfit, these block heeled sandals are the perfect pair!
- Classic Pump – Another office essential! We put several classic black pumps to the test, and these still have my heart after years of wear. But if you’re curious, you can check out the full post here.
- White Sneaker – There will forever be space for white sneakers in my closet. I’ve been wearing this pair on repeat this spring! Bonus: they feel like walking on clouds!
Shop Spring Footwear:
- Woven Crossbody Bag – Last, but certainly not least, is a straw bag! If you prefer something smaller for on-the-go, a crossbody is a must!
- Woven Tote Bag – And if you prefer a little more room for all of your goodies, a straw tote is for you! I love this practical (and affordable!) option for the beach, pool, or lake day activities! Pack a beach towel, sunscreen, and a bluetooth speaker and you’re ready for fun in the sun. Happy Spring Shopping, friends!