Voted GOATs [Greatest Of All Time, that is ;)] by Team LIY. Do you ever find a product or item you love so much, that you have to tell all of your friends about it? And then they try it and love it too? Insert: the BEST feeling. It’s an occurrence that happens frequently here at LIY. While we’ve tried it all, these are some of our all-time favorite buys. From beauty products we must have in our makeup bags to closet staples and beyond, these are the items the LIY Team Swears By.
- Olaplex: From the shampoo and conditioner to hair masks, leave-in styling creme and beyond — we give this brand our full support.
- Olly Vitamins: Not only are they actually fun [and tasty] vitamins to take, we’re convinced they actually work. Our favs include Undeniable Beauty, Sleep, Focus, Women’s Multi, and Pre+Probiotic.
- Goli Gummies: I have been taking these Apple Cider Vinegar [and more recently Ashwagandha] for over a year now and speaking from personal experience, they have made a BIG difference in my digestive health. Yes, we’re going there. And yes, the LIY team is on board too.
- Too Faced Matte Bronzer: Looking to become a bronzed goddess [without looking orange]? Look no further. This bronzer is perfect for a year-round faux glow. Bonus points for smelling like a snack!
- Buxom Full-On Plumping Lip Polish: Plump up the jam! While I can’t say if this gloss truly plumps your lips, you’ll find the majority of Team LIY keep it in their purses. We love every single shade and the slight tingle it brings – in the best way. 😉
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat: If you’re a DIY manicure girl, this fast drying top coat is a must-have for your collection. No salon necessary!
- The Makeup Eraser: Say sayonara to makeup wipes. Just add water [ie. dampen the cloth] and voila! Removes makeup instantly [including tough waterproof products] and it’s reusable- just throw it in the wash after a few uses! Pro Tip: buy the black one, as pink gets dirty looking FAST!
- Ambre Essense Oil: Ever wonder what the LIY team smells like? Now you know. We love that this women-owned business is based close to home [shoutout Indianapolis!] and all of their organic products are made by hand with 100% pure and natural vegan ingredients.
Beauty Products We Swear By:
- Abercrombie Asymmetrical Snap Up Fleece: We all own it [in several colors], we all love it. This fleece sweatshirt is a LIY staple through the fall and winter months. It’s warm, it’s cozy, and it’s available in nearly every color under the sun. Fit Tip: True to size, but size down if in between!
- J.Crew Scalloped Shorts: These shorts are one of the more fun pieces I’ve added to my summer wardrobe over the years. A classic scalloped detail is fun way to elevate your standard shorts- and bonus points for all the color options! Fit Tip: Size up if in between, as these don’t have much stretch!
- Liverpool Gia Glider: As their name suggests, believe me when I tell you these babies glide right on. They’re made with the same Liverpool buttery-soft, super-stretchy denim you know and love and don’t bag out after several days of re-wearing. Trust me on that one. 😉 There’s a reason the LIY Team can’t stop, won’t stop talking about our Liverpool jeans. ps. The Abby style gets a ton of love around here too! Fit Tip: Size down one size.
- Social Threads Messenger Bag: A work-friendly bag that’s functional, cute, and customizable? You better believe it. It fits a laptop, planner, and all of your basic bag needs. Pick a bag and strap up here.
- Mrs. Meyers Multi-Purpose Spray: I’m not sure what Mrs. Meyer puts in this stuff, but the LIY keeps it in our kitchens at all times.
- Santal Aroma Oil: So you want to make your home smell like a 5-star hotel? Step 1: Buy an oil diffuser. Step 2: Add a few drops of this stuff. And there you have it, friends!
- Apple Air Pods: One of the best purchases I made last year! They are SO convenient to pop in and out while working out, doing things around the house, working on my computer, meditating in bed at night and the list goes on. I was a little hesitant before I owned a pair, but now I use them almost daily!
- Yeti Tumblers: When it comes to coolers and tumblers, YETI is a well-known brand– and for good reason. From coffee mugs to wine glasses, they’ve got it all. Ranking high in our Travel Tumbler Comparison Post, it’s no wonder why we’ve all got these in our hands.
- iRobot Roomba: Hands down the BEST home purchase I’ve ever made, no questions asked. The home product of all home products and the one Amazon purchase I wouldn’t want to live without!
- Dyson Cordless: If you prefer to do the dirty work yourself, this guy is what cordless vacuum dreams are made of. Gone are the days of running over cords and un-plugging then re-plugging from room to room!
- Hatch Restore: If I was giving out an award for “best purchase made in 2020” this guy would take the award home! It’s a personalized sleep machine that will ensure you get the best night of sleep possible. You simply set-up your desired “sleep routine” ranging from reading time, meditation time, a sound machine during the night, a natural sunrise to wake up to, an alarm clock with sounds that are fun [and relaxing] to wake up to and so much more.
- Calpak Luggage: Travel on the brain? If you’re looking to refresh your luggage game before taking off, this is by far, my favorite luggage that I’ve used. Calpak is alway cute and always functional, a win-win!
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.