After what has felt like days, weeks and years of waiting [I know, I’m being mildly dramatic but for real], my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale items finally started arriving at my doorstep. Just when I thought I couldn’t love shopping this sale more, my packages proved me otherwise. From sweaters to boots, jeans and dresses, it went from summer to fall in a HOT second in our house. No truly, it got really hot as soon as I started putting said fall items on. #worthit.
While there are literally thousands of items [I may have ordered just a few shy of this number, oops] I am hoping this compilation of hits and misses will not just save you some time, but see the items on a real person and also be able to hear my honest thoughts on sizing, quality, cut and all of that good stuff! While I’m hitting publish today on this post, I still have a decent amount of items that are still on their way to me. With that being said, I will be updating this blog post often with new hits & misses so keep checking back! If you have been shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale already, you may have missed a thing or two, but have no fear – you have until August 30th to purchase the products at a major discount. After that, prices will go back up to normal.
ANNIVERSARY SALE SHOPPING TIPS & TRICKS
- Anything that you love and want for yourself, add to your wish list and check out once the sale is live [reminder: it starts tomorrow for the remainder of all Nordstrom cardholders at 9:30 EST and will be open to everybody on August 19th! If it isn’t currently available in your size and color preference, things are always coming in and out of stock, so check back often!
- Remember that Nordstrom always offers free shipping and free returns! Because of this, I would recommend ordering two sizes on things you are unsure of, to make sure that you can get it at the sale price and return the one that doesn’t work!
- Some of the items I mention may currently be out of stock, but check back often for restocks! We’ll also be notifying you of restocks over on our Facebook page and #NSALE group [highly recommend joining the group for a ton of helpful info and nightly giveaways!] Note: I have noticed that when I first load a product it is saying sold out, but when I refresh the page [or login to my Nordstrom account] it shows available! Make sure you’ve done this to ensure you’re seeing correct info!
- Keep in mind that while the sale lasts until 8/30, things go quick so don’t be like N*Sync and have to say “bye, bye, bye” to everything before it’s gone – shop early!
- Last but not least, if there’s anything I didn’t cover and you still have questions, ask away below and I’ll answer right here so check back! For more Nordstrom Anniversary Sale posts, click here!
ps. For sizing reference, I am 5’4, 135 lbs on a good day, typically a 2/4 in tops/dresses and 26/27 in jeans/pants with a preferred inseam of 26-28 inches. Bra size is 30DDD [I get it from my momma]. Now, let’s get [the longest party you’ve ever attended] started…
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE TEES & TOPS
- Rounded V-Neck T-Shirt • Caslon [true to size, wearing in small]
I have bought this tee every year now and it continues to be one of my favorite layering tees out there. While it is a little sheer, I like the slub material, length and neckline. If you’re looking for a good everyday basic, this is a great choice!
2. Free People Kaylen Cotton Blend T-Shirt • Free People [true to size, wearing in small] I was pleasantly surprised by this tee when I tried it on – upon opening I didn’t know if it was doing much for me [it is quite lightweight] but dang, I do love it on. I think it’s the perfect v-neck and I am loving the exposed seam around it and the slight rolled sleeve.
3. Halogen® V-Neck Camisole • Halogen [true to size, wearing in small] You can’t beat a good cami, especially one that is in a fun black and white tiger print. I think this is so chic and looks great alone, with a blazer and paired with any bottom [black, white or regular denim]. Adjustable straps and not sheer, she’s a winner folks!
4. Lace Sleeve Stretch Crepe Blouse • CeCe [true to size, wearing in small] If only you could see this in person [good news – you can if you purchase it ;)] you’ll see just how pretty it is. I couldn’t believe how much I loved this top after trying it on! The sleeves are this beautiful feminine lace with what I think are butterflies. If you buy one top, let it be this!
5. Mod Leopard Print Off the Shoulder Chiffon Blouse • CeCe [true to size, wearing in small] I knew I loved this top as I already own it in red and pink so when I spotted it [pun intended] in this year’s sale in this fun animal print, I knew I had to. It is the perfect date night or girls night out shirt. Pair it with my favorite strapless bra [also in the sale] and you’re ready to dance the night away!
6. Free People Leo Henley Tee • Free People [size down, wearing in XS] Isn’t this one a cutie?! You can’t beat Free People’s fabrics and their oversized comfy fits of their items. I wasn’t sure if I would love this one but after putting it on I quickly decided it’s staying here with me and won’t be returned.
7. Dolman Sleeve Thermal Top • Caslon [true to size, wearing in small] I’m a sucker for anything thermal, especially when it’s in a dolman form. This shirt is all sorts of cozy and I love the exposed seam down the front. You could easily dress this down for lounge around the house or for out like I did here!
8. Curved Hem Tee • Treasure & Bond [size up one, wearing in medium] Long live the ombre. How fun is this long sleeve top as we head into fall?! It’s super soft but like I did note – you will want to size up one as it does run small!
- All Day Tee • BP [true to size, wearing in small]
If you recall from my “what I actually bought” blog post, this was the tee I was most excited about. Unfortunately, it didn’t live up to my hopeful expectations. While I think it is cute tucked, I wasn’t a fan of the shape untucked as it’s slightly short and not super flattering on me. Back it goes!
2. Bishop Sleeve Scalloped Lace Top [size up one, wearing in small]
Don’t get me wrong, this top is beautiful and I wanted to keep it, however, it just ran small and I felt very constricted in it. I’m sure if I would size up one it’d be okay but in having to pick and choose, this one is going to be a no for me. How fun for the holidays though, yes?
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE SWEATERS
- Caslon® Turtleneck Sweater • Caslon [true to size, wearing in small] You may recall this sweater from last year’s sale and the verdict is in: I love it just as much this year. I feel like if you are going to buy one sweater, let it be this. It’s incredibly soft and cozy and well, I just love it and want it in every color now.
2. Off the Shoulder Sweater • Leith [true to size, wearing in small] I love a good off the shoulder number and this sexy little thing doesn’t disappoint. Very soft and flattering, it’s a win in my opinion!
3. Cowl Neck Sweater • Chelsea28 [true to size, wearing in small] Oh how I love this sweater so. I also feel quite strongly that this is a must-buy if you’re a sweater girl. Several of us on the team bought this one and can’t get enough! I love the huge cuff on the arms and chunky turtleneck!
4. Halogen(R) Open Front Pocket Cardigan [size down if in between, wearing in XS] This cardigan has been on the block for awhile [why quit a good thing] and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. I think it’s perfect for fall in this rust color and looks so chic with boots.
5. Madewell Kent Stripe Cardigan [size down if in between, wearing in XS] I wasn’t so sure about this striped number when I first put it on as I wasn’t sure if it was too much but the more that I had it on, the more I fell in love. I love the color combo and how well it pairs with brown boots or booties.
6. Caslon® Bishop Sleeve Sweater [size down if in between, wearing in XS] This is another one I wasn’t sure I would be keeping when I bought it but then I put it on and my mind changed immediately. I love that it is legging friendly and the slight bishop sleeve is just enough to give it an added touch!
- 1.STATE Blouson Sleeve Textured Sweater • 1 STATE [size up if in between, wearing in small]
I wanted to love this but I just couldn’t get there. It was giving me Jerry Seinfeld vibes and I couldn’t shake it. It does run small so if you’re buying I would size up one. This could be adorable on the right person, I just don’t think that person is me.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Colorblock Ruana There is absolutely nothing wrong with this ruana, however, I just knew after putting it on that I most likely wouldn’t get a lot of wear out of it this fall or winter. It is nice and heavy for winter if you’re looking for something like this!
3. Leith Open Front Dolman Sleeve Cardigan [size down if in between, wearing in XS] I don’t know if it’s because it’s short sleeve or what my hold up with this cardigan is but I just couldn’t get myself to love it on. Perhaps it’d look better with a long sleeve top underneath but if it’s not love at first sight, it’s back it goes in my world.
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE BLAZERS & JACKETS
- BB Dakota Plaid Boyfriend Blazer [true to size, wearing in small]This blazer is giving some major grandpa vibes and I can’t say I’m mad about it. I love the color palette and slightly oversized fit. I think I’d love it more with a black or navy top underneath and a pair of heels and am excited to play around with it!
2. Blanc Noir Hooded Moto Blazer with Faux Leather Sleeves [true to size, wearing in small]Oh my word. This jacket may just be the jacket of my dreams. There is so much yes about this – between the mixed materials, hood, fit, gaaaaaah, I just love it. You could dress it down with athleisure or dress it up for a night out! A definite keep.
3. Halogen Glen Plaid Blazer [size down if in between, wearing in small] Not going to lie, I’m still not positive this falls under the hits category, however, I think that’s mostly because I have the wrong size. It does run large so sizing down would be a good idea in this blazer. You can’t go wrong with the black and white plaid!
4. Revolution Drapey Boucle Trench Coat [size down one, wearing in XS] I fell in love with this last year but had ordered the wrong size so I was stoked when I saw it back in this year’s sale. It definitely runs large but gosh, I love her. It’s nice a drapey and super comfortable, not to mention this color. Insert heart eyes here.
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE JEANS, PANTS AND LEGGINGS
KUT from the Kloth Donna Button Fly Ankle Skinny Jeans [true to size, wearing in 4]If you are going to buy one pair of jeans in this year’s sale, I’d tell you to make it these. I think they are so flattering with the button fly and they have a nice amount of stretch to go with them. Between the wash, slight distressing, raw hem, they are perfection in my book!
2. AG The Ex-Boyfriend Slim Jeans [size down if in between, wearing in 26]These are a splurge and while I do like them, I’d be perfectly happy with the pair from Kut from the Kloth below instead for the same look but less money. I will say, the material is SO comfortable on these and they should last for years so if you’re a premium denim girl, I’d totally do it.
3. Kut from the Kloth Catherine Distressed Boyfriend Jeans [size down if in between, wearing in 4 but need 2]Like I said above, if you don’t want to shell out a lot of dollars for your jeans, these are an awesome “save” version. They are comfortable and have a great stretch! I would size down if in between as they do stretch out some in the waist with wear!
4. Kut from the Kloth Donna High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans [true to size, wearing in 4] Another classic pair of jeans you can’t go wrong with. I’m telling you, Kut from the Kloth always kills it in the denim department sale after sale. These are a great fit and if you prefer a traditional button and zipper [rather than button fly] than these are the jeans for you!
- Good Legs High Waist Raw Hem Skinny Jeans [size up if in between, wearing in 2, need in 4]The biggest reason these are a miss for me is because they are simply too small on me. Because of that it was pulling in the zipper area which wasn’t attractive. They are super comfortable and a nice dark wash, but not needed for me!
2. Kut from the Kloth Catherine Boyfriend Jeans [size down if in between, wearing in 4] I just couldn’t get into these. I’m not sure if it is the wash or the lack of distressing or what, but it’s a pass for me.
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE BOOTS & BOOTIES
- Sam Edelman Davis Knee High Boot [true to size] I am in love with these boots and I don’t care who knows it. The minute I put them on I knew they were a keeper. They fit awesome around the leg and I love [love] the block heel. They will be on heavy rotation for me this fall and winter!
2. BORN Alize Double Zip Boot [true to size] Always the best selling item in the anniversary sale with LIY readers, this year’s BORN boots don’t disappoint. I was on the fence as to whether I liked them when I saw them online but after receiving them and styling them, I think they are great! If you’ve tried this brand of riding boots, you know they are so comfortable and durable.
3. Charles by Charles David Duke Studded Chelsea Boot [true to size] How fun are these studded booties?! I love shoes that make a statement and these do exactly that. Under $75 but look super expensive, these are definitely a fun unexpected find from the sale!
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE SHOES: COMING SOON
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE COATS
- Radalie Water Repellent Thermogreen-Insulated Jacket • Patagonia [size up one, wearing in small but could do medium]Can we all agree that this coat in this color is so freaking cute?! I love that it brings a lot of warmth without a lot of bulk! I would size up one as you’ll want some room for your sweaters as winter hits but dang, she’s a good one.
2. Cole Haan Wool & Alpaca Blend Wrap Coat [true to size, wearing in 2] It wasn’t until I tried this on that I decided I liked it. It is so soft and cozy, I think it’s a fun dressier option for a coat this winter [please give me a reason to wear this world].
3. Via Spiga Notch Collar Wool Blend Coat [size up if in between, wearing in 2 but need 4]The minute I spotted this online I added it to my cart immediately. The color is gorgeous [I’m a sucker for green] and I love the gold detail. The only problem I have is with the fit as it is tight around my chest so I will have to be sizing up one!
- Sam Edelman Notch Collar Coat [size down if in between, wearing in 2]For as pretty as she is, she’s equally itchy. Ouch. The minute I put it on was the same minute I wanted it off. No thanks.
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE LOUNGEWEAR
- Gibson Colorblock Cozy Pullover + x Living in Yellow Skye Cozy Jogger Pants [size down if in between in both, wearing in XS]It should be no surprise at all to see these joggers in the lineup of hits as I’ve been talking about them for years! They are my favorite of all favorites and I was so excited to see them come out in new colors and prints for the sale! I wear mine almost every evening and sleep in them as they aren’t too heavy. Pair ’em with this new pullover and you are set.
2. CozyChic Lite(R) Circle Cardigan • Barefoot Dreams [size down if in between, wearing in XS/SM]
I know you’ve heard me say it 2292 times but this cardigan is the BEST. I don’t know what Barefoot Dreams make their items out of but whatever the magic material is, it’s worth every dollar [especially when on sale]. You can dress this up to leave the house or put it on over your PJs at night or in the morning and grab your cup of coffee and enjoy!
3. Gibson Surplice Blouson Sleeve Wrap Top [size down if in between, wearing in small but could do XS] Another Gibson top, this cozy fleece wrap top is another versatile cozy piece that you won’t regret in this year’s sale. Let’s be honest, will we regret anything with the word “cozy” in it this year?!
4. Sleepy Lounge Tee • BP + Jogger Pants • BP [true to size, wearing in small in both]
Somebody pass me a pillow, I’m ready for sleep. Between this oversized sleep tee and these joggers I’m ready for rest and relaxation. The joggers are nice and soft, not too heavy and perfect with the pockets! Fun patterns available!
5. Minnetonka Cosi Faux Shearling Slipper [true to size] I’m typically an UGG slipper gal, but when I saw these in this year’s sale I wanted to give ’em a try. I’m so glad I did. They are incredibly soft and make my feet all sorts of happy.
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE DRESSES, SKIRTS AND JUMPSUITS
- Eliza J Floral Print Halter Dress [true to size, wearing in 4] This dress is almost making me regret falling in love with fall clothing during the making of this post. How cute is this one for hot summer days, vacations or any event you have in warmer temps?! She’s a yes for me.
2. BB Dakota Belted Short Sleeve Crinkle Woven Dress [true to size, wearing in small] Put yellow on anything and there’s a 99.9% chance I’m going to love it. While this dress could use a little love from an iron, I thought it was pretty cute right out of the box! It is a little on the shorter side so if you’re much taller than 5’4, it may be hard for you to wear.
- U-Neck Sleeveless Kors Crepe Jumpsuit • Vince Camuto [size up if busty, wearing in 4]
This was one of the items I was MOST excited to get – I mean just look at it [the color is stunning]. However, I was so sad when I tried it on to realize that it just didn’t fit the way that I would love it too! Being on the bustier side it was hard to get my girls [and that beautiful side boob fat] all in there while looking attractive. Maybe if I size up one it could work but I’m not so sure. Somebody please try this one and tell me that it worked for you, it’s too cute to not be worn by somebody!
2. Blouson Tie Waist Jumpsuit • Vince Camuto [true to size, wearing in 4] It was the too wide of leg that made me file this under a miss for me. While I loved the rest of the fit, I just couldn’t get down with how wide the legs were which wasn’t flattering on me. Maybe if I were taller it could work but whatever was going on here for me wasn’t good.
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE ACCESSORIES
How fun are these Kendra Scott earrings?! I feel like this chain pattern is taking over jewelry right now in the trend department but I’m used to seeing it on necklaces or bracelets. I love that they did this in a hoop and I also love that you can wear these with anything! I wore them all day today and they didn’t bother my ears once!
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE HANDBAGS: COMING SOON
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE BEAUTY
Whoa baby, I get the hype now. I never understood why people were willing to pay a good amount of money for deodorant but after trying it today. I get it. If a smile spreads across my face every time I lift my arms, it’s worth it. It also did a great job of keeping the sweat away. I will be a long-time wearer of this deodorant, I could tell after just one swipe.
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE HOME ITEMS: COMING SOON
There we have it friends! More to come, stay tuned…