As the weather is finally starting to turn here in Northern Indiana, we’re finding ourselves outdoors more and more. Whether it’s a quick walk with the pups or making plans to spend the whole day outside, a little bit of sunshine and fresh air can do wonders! We know that keeping the whole family entertained might be easier said than done, so today we’re sharing a few of our favorite outdoor activities to keep everyone happy from sunrise to sunset!
- Spikeball: From the backyard to the beach, Spikeball has been gaining popularity all over collage campuses, tailgate fields, and at home for the past several years! It’s so much fun [and will have you working up a sweat!].
- Yardzee Yard Dice: Erin just ordered this giant set of yard dice – who’s going to be the first one to tell Yahtzee [or should I say, Yardzee]?
- Tiki Toss: Next thing you know, you’ll realize you’ve been trying to get a simple ring on a hook for thirty solid minutes… this game is highly addictive!
- Bags or Cornhole [whatever you prefer]: What do you call it where you’re from? Whatever you call it, I call it a fan-fave!
- Fire Pit: Summertime means campfire season [aka s’mores season]. And this firepit is propane driven, so with a quick flip of the switch, you’re s’mores ready!
- Ladder Toss: Lightweight and easy to assemble, ladder toss is fun for all ages!
- Bubble Wand: Hannah’s family has been spending a ton of time outdoors [basketball, water balloon fights, walks, and more!], and this bubble wand has been a HUGE hit with her two kids!
- Tie Dye Kit: Tie dye is majorly trending this season, and making your own tie dye items is always a hit! No two outcomes are the same!
For more ideas on ways to keep the family entertained, use the arrows below to scroll through some additional finds!
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.