Top Picks From the Backcountry Sale
Patagonia Bivy Hooded Down Vest [size up if in between, wearing size small] // Prana Foundation Long-Sleeve Tunic [size up if in between, wearing size small] // similar jeans [dish Heritage Blue High Rise Skinny Jean] // Sorel Joan Of Arctic Wedge II Boot [TTS]
There are two things that are bringing me some serious life right now. 1] Doing something active every day, or at least trying my best, and 2] the amazing sales that have been happening. And today I’m adding Backcountry to that amazing list of sales! Right now, Backcountry is offering 20% off any full price item [exclusions apply] with code 20FULLPRICE, which is huge! If you’re grabbing more than 1 full price item, use my code YELLOW15 instead for 15% off of those [not stackable with 20FULLPRICE, exclusions apply]! I love turning to Backcountry for both activewear and everyday apparel, as they carry some of my favorite brands, like Yeti, The North Face, Prana, and more! And when I can get these brands for an amazing deal during a sale like this, I’m all about it!
I’ve pulled together my top picks from Backcountry to share with you in one spot, and then for some simple shopping when you need a #WFH break. And then scroll on to see how the LIY Team is staying active during quarantine!
1. Backcountry On The Go Ankle Pant // 2. Basin and Range Marled Lightweight Sweater Cardigan // 3. Sorel Roaming Buckle Slide Jute Sandal // 4. Burton Indie Trip Crush Neck Pullover // 5. Prana Everyday Support Tank Top // 6. Prana Skypath Dress // 7. Backcountry Tahoe Sun Hoodie // 8. Marmot Marley Long Sleeve Shirt // 9. Stoic Ombre Spacedye Performance Tank Top
In case you need a few more ideas, use the arrows below to scroll through a few more of my favorites!
How The Living In Yellow Team Is Staying Active Right Now
While none of us are going to our favorite local gyms right now, we’re still doing our best to stay active! Whether that’s actually trying something new for us, or making tweaks to an existing routine, we’re loving taking time to get active!
- Erin: The memes that I keep seeing in regards to “I now know why my dogs get so excited for a walk” is ringing so true these days. Outdoor walks with the pups and Shawn have been a vital part to my mental and physical health during all of this time at home! It’s amazing what 30 minutes moving outside can do for my mental state! These Nike shoes have been my go-to for all of the walks along with this jacket on the cooler days Indiana is still experiencing!
- Cassidy: Walking my dog at the park! During this time we tend to go for longer walks, and having these collapsible bowls makes it so easy to travel with water for your pup!
- Lauren: We try to get out onto our property or to a local trail [keeping plenty of safe distance] whenever we can for some fresh air! Our two year old can only hang for so long before he wants to be carried, and having this carrier for him has been a game changer for the past two years. It’s been on many hikes with us, and has had a way of lulling him to sleep as well! He’s just starting to approach the weight limit now, so we’re excited to use it again for the next kiddo!
- Hannah: We have been doing fun YouTube work outs as a family and the kids have been loving it! Whether it’s yoga, HIIT, or cardio, they have burned off some excess energy! When we get tired of that we take walks as a family or when we are a little stir crazy and can’t get outside, we blow up air mattresses and use them as slides down our steps! Some days rules are just thrown out the window!
- Steph: I recently purchased a kettle-bell. I’m not sure what came over me in that moment – but I’ve been enjoying having it around for a quick arm workout! It is stashed it in my closet and I’ll often grab it and do a few quick reps before hopping in the shower, getting dressed for bed… when I go in there to put clothes away. Quarantine life is all about flexibility of routine, right?
- Becca: I unfortunately have been under the weather in this crazy time, but as soon as I felt well enough, I have made sure to go for at least one walk outside every day. It may not be a strenuous activity to walk down the street and back, but it sure has lifted my spirits so much to breathe in the fresh air and move my body a bit! I look forward to being able to handle more than just a leisurely stroll, but until then, I am enjoying this chance to take in the outdoors in small little doses.
- Claire: While spending so much time at home, I’ve noticed a quick workout can dramatically boost my mood. My bestie and I are challenging each other to stay active each day! It’s been a fun and healthy way to stay connected during this time, not to mention a great way to hold each other accountable. Get your gal pals together [virtually, of course] and move your body- a little sweat sesh’ goes a long way!
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.