I think we can all agree that just a few short weeks ago we didn’t predict that we would be spending countless hours upon hours in our homes with kids by our side, spring break vacations canceled and nowhere to eat but inside our homes. With Quarantine 2020 underway, we may all be going a little stir crazy and find ourselves wondering “what exactly are we supposed to do right now?!” As we’re figuring out what life looks like for each of us right now, I wanted to gather some free resources that I’ve come across for both you and your children to keep your minds and bodies active. While it’s a scary time, I 100% believe that if we can stay positive and focus on using this time to learn a new craft, make a new recipe, spend extra time snuggling with your kiddos, it can be a time that grows us, relaxes us and reconnects with us with the ones who mean the most. I hope that this blog post is a great resource for you to use but I also encourage you to share even more free resources you’ve discovered either in the comments of this post or on social media!
ps. Every day we are sending our newsletter subscribers something new for you to do / learn / know from binge worthy shows for you, books you’ll love reading, the coziest items to buy, coloring pages for you and your kiddos, etc! If you’d like to receive an email of fun, sign up here and we’ll be saying hello in no time!
- Free workout guide via FASTer Way To Fat Loss
- Free 30 minute workout videos on YouTube via POPSugar Fitness
- Free 90-day Pelaton app trial!
- Watercolor Tutorials from Jenna Rainey on YouTube
- DIY French Fry Board [so fun for kids!]
- Dutch Oven Pot Roast
- The Easiest & Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Family Friendly Breakfasts
- 6 Easy Weeknight Meals
For The Kids
- Full online curriculums, now free with code SCHOOL7771 at ABCMouse.com!
- You can follow a daily schedule designed by Khan Academy with courses to accompany! Good for ages preschool – 12th grade!
- Learn how to type here!
- Scholastic Learn at Home offers day by day activities for students of all ages!
- Stay in the know on science for ages ranging from kindergarten to 5th grade! Fun activities to try and talk about!
Virtual Field Trips & Tours:
- There are over 30 virtual field trips you can choose to go on ranging from the San Diego Zoo to The Great Wall of China!
- Visit 12 of the most famous museums, right from the comfort of your couch!
- Every day at 3 pm EST, your kids can learn about an animal at Cincinnati Zoo via Facebook Live with an activity to accompany!
- Have a celebrity read your child a book! So many to choose from at Storyline Online!
- Teach your kiddos how to read with the help of Squigglepark!
- Tune in every day at 10 am EST for a story about sharks with an activity to accompany!
- Learn how to draw and doodle! Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems at 1 pm EST every day
- Hands on activities ranging from creating lapbooks to Random Acts of Kindness Bingo at Learn In Color
- Free Art Lessons via Facebook Live every day at MAKE!
- Daily art and craft lessons via Facebook Live at McHarper Manor!
- Free music lessons every Monday, Wednesday and Friday via Facebook Live at 11 am EST!
Online Games For Kids:
- Lots of fun games to play for free at PBS Kids!
Miscellaneous Free Resources:
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.