10 Outfits For Work Or Play

January 18, 2020

Watch out world, I’ve officially moved away from 7 days of sweatshirts to 7 days of decently put together outfits. I should rephrase – I’ve moved to 6 days of decently put together while I still have 1 day allowing me to live out my sweatshirt dreams. If you remember, I’m deeming 2020 the year of trying to step up my fashion game [although let’s be real, leggings are the real MVP] and try just a tad bit harder than I did last year. This weeks of outfits feature a lot of looks that can be translated for work and play [simply swap out the jeans with your fave pair of work pants — my recommendation: these] and you’re ready for 8-5. The better news about this weeks roundup outfits? So many of the pieces are marked down [yay new years sales!]

Before we get into all of the outfits, let’s get the logistics out of the way to make this process easier on you – for sizing reference, I am 5’4, 125 lbs on a good day, typically a 2 in tops/dresses and 26 in jeans/pants with a preferred inseam of 26-28 inches. Bra size is 30DDD [I get it from my momma]. Hopefully, this helps when determining what size you’d need. Also, feel free to follow along here for daily outfits [literally every outfit housed in ONE spot] and check out this Pinterest board where you can also get some ideas! Which reminds me, you can pin any of these looks below to save for future reference! Simply click on the links below and you will be taken directly to the retailer where you can shop! Alright, fellow “I like to get dressed” friends, let’s begin! ps. If you’re here, I’m assuming you like a) clothes b) good deals on clothes. Every Tuesday we send out the top deals on the internet and believe me, it’s good. Want in on the list? Sign up here!

Tweed Blazer • ASTR the Label [TTS, wearing in S] // Square Neck Tank Top – Loft [Size up if in between, wearing in S] // Donna High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans • KUT from the Kloth [TTS] // Hazel Pointy Toe Pump • Sam Edelman [TTS]

Puff Sleeve V-Neck Top • LOFT [TTS, wearing in S] // Stretch Crop Skinny Jeans • 7 For All Mankind [TTS] // Poppy Espadrille Wedge Sandal • Treasure & Bond [TTS]

Scalloped sweatshirt with woven hem • J.Crew [50% off! TTS, wearing in S] // Donna High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans • KUT from the Kloth [TTS] // Crosbi Booties • DKNY [On sale! TTS]

Cardigan Sweater – Daily Ritual [Size down if in between, wearing in XS] // Similar Cami V-Neck Lace Camisole • Socialite [TTS] // BRIDGET HIGH WAIST ANKLE • Liverpool [Size down if in between] // Tamani Bow Flats • Sole Society [TTS]

Rib Mock Neck Dolman Top • Gibson [Size down one, wearing in XS] // Donna High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans • KUT from the Kloth [TTS] // Baretta Loafer Flats • Sole Society [TTS]

Colorblock Stripe Poncho • LOFT [50% off! TTS, wearing in XS/S] // Long Sleeve Crewneck Tee • Caslon [Size up if in between, wearing in S] // BRIDGET HIGH WAIST ANKLE • Liverpool [Size down if in between] // Rosalee Bootie • Jeffrey Campbell [TTS]

Vintage Soft Funnel-Neck Sweatshirt • Gap [On sale! TTS, wearing in S] // BRIDGET HIGH WAIST ANKLE • Liverpool [Size down if in between] // 247 v2 Sneaker • New Balance [TTS]

Dunja Wedge Sandal • Crown Vintage [TTS]

Kai Wedge Sneaker • Naturalizer [TTS]

ELLA CANVAS TOTE • Tory Burch [On sale!]

FLEMING CONVERTIBLE SHOULDER BAG • Tory Burch [On sale! Wearing in Shell Pink]

1. Lynne says:

The tweed sweater/blazer is so cute and versatile. It’s a great staple piece for your wardrobe

2. Heidy says:

L????VE the look with the svalloped sweatshirt and booties! Comfy yet stylish!!!!!!

3. Patti says:

Such great outfits! ???? My favorite is the first one. That tweed blazer is so sharp but yet looks so comfortable- same with those Kut from the Kloth Donna jeans. Sharp and comfortable – my favorite combination!

• Alana Amani says:

Away favorite is the comfy one from gap with the purple sweatshirt. Looks great for running errands on the weekend and being cozy at home.

4. Rose Peterson says:

Number 1 hands down! Love love! I had one and lost it and was out of stock. Looked for it everywhere. So so happy I was able to purchase it again. Love this great summary of clothes. Nice job!.

5. Debbie says:

The color block poncho outfit is my fav!!!

6. Lisa Ksoll says:

All the outfits are very stylish! I love the first out … love a casual blazer that I can where with jeans or work trousers. I definitely will buy when the price drops. Thanks for posting!

7. Lisa Ksoll says:

All the outfits are very stylish! I love the first outfit … love a casual blazer that I can wear with jeans or work trousers. I definitely will buy when the price drops. Thanks for posting!

8. Julie says:

Great round up! I love the daily ritual cardigan, especially the color! The Kut from the Kloth denim is a new favorite too.

9. Haley says:

I love the first outfit! The blazer makes the outfit and is the perfect combination of structured and comfortable. Something I would want to wear to work! I also love those darling naturalizer wedge sneakers!!

10. Tammy says:

Love them! My faves are a toss between the Loft puff sleeve top w white crops and the j crew top w polka dot bottom!!

11. Tessa says:

I love the light pink top with the Liverpool jeans! So darling!! ❤️

12. Adrien Brown says:

So many to choose from!! I love the scalloped sweatshirt from Jcrew. Looks chic yet so comfy

13. Laura Vallejo says:

I love flowing your blog. These are so cute but look comfy too. You look pulled together and that’s my goal for 2020. I love the tweed blazer and jeans. It’s perfect together. That blazer is something that you could mix and match for years to come. I love how a jacket can take an outfit from ok to amazing !

14. Diane Serio says:

Love love love a blazer with jeans but would wear crosbi booties to work as a teacher instead. Love your amazon and similar finds. Glad I found you on Instagram

15. Tiffany says:

I could see myself wearing number 1! Love how comfortable that jacket looks while still being stylish. Win-win

16. Elizabeth says:

Outfit 2, blue Loft top, white pants. Love the puff sleeve!

17. Allie says:

Love that lavender sweatshirt from Gap! Such a great color for this time of year and perfect top for leggings!

18. Leanna Foos says:

I love the poncho outfit makes me think of spring????

19. Meg says:

Love the first outfit! Tweed blazer looks amazing and can be dressed up and down.

20. Kelli says:

My fave is the first outfit – that blazer???? Lots of versatility, but always put together!

21. LA Goodwin says:

Great ideas to move us from sweatshirt casual to comfortable casual! A+

22. Janelle says:

I love the tweed blazer! Could throw over any fun colored top!

23. Jill Lyons says:

Just discovered your blog! Love it! Please add me to your email list!

24. Shauna says:

Looove the color block striped poncho outfit, super cute!

25. Tiffany Fallows says:

Those Sam Edelman pumps are a closet staple. So comfortable all day long and it also comes in some amazingly fun patterns!

26. Jen says:

Gap funnel
    Neck. Hands down that is me. Do you think the mix media sweatshirt will
    Be a fad ?

27. Maria says:

I have the Gap Funnel neck sweatshirt. It’s so soft, cute, clattering, has pockets, and won’t shrink in the dryer! #winning

28. Janelle says:

I’m loving outfit #3 with the scalloped sweatshirt. I normally would gravitate to these, but put together like this it’s so cute!
    Thanks for all the great ideas!

29. Love your style! Just got the rug you have on Wayfair all thanks to you! xxoo

Summertime is the unofficial wedding season, which means there are a lot of anniversaries to celebrate in the summer! And here at LIY, that means gifts to give! Whether that’s you and your significant other or you’re celebrating someone special in your life, we’ve got you covered! From the traditional anniversary gifts [looking at you […]

Another day, another Amazon delivery driver stoppin’ by! With the weather heating up, we’ve been seeing lots of outdoor activities, warm-weather fashion, and home project must-haves getting delivered. Summer is here, and Amazon is making enjoying it a breeze, especially with Prime! Check out the 30+ items we bought and loved on Amazon this month, […]

Welcome to Beauty School, class is officially in session. 😉 Today’s topic of discussion? Makeup Brushes for Beginners. We get it. All the different shapes and sizes can be confusing, so we’re covering all the basics from sponges to spoolies. If you’ve been wondering what each brush is used for or are considering upgrading your […]

When 2020 happened, a lot of us stopped our monthly trips to the nail salons and had to figure out a game plan for keeping our nails looking presentable at home. And that’s where press on nails came into play! We’re not talking about your grandma’s press on nails, either! We’re talking about customizable, highly […]