Well, friends, my secret is out – I hate to clean my house. As I type those words I’m not confident that anybody would say otherwise, although you know what they say, there’s one in every crowd. Between the scrubbing, dusting, sweeping, I could do without it all. This is probably why I regularly find myself in the middle of a meltdown freaking out about HOW I CAN’T EVEN WALK IN THE FREAKING GUEST BEDROOM BECAUSE THERE IS STUFF EVERYWHERE ALL OF THE TIME. Sorry, it hits a sensitive nerve. So, when I heard a girlfriend mention recently that her mom and her group of friends gets together in the spring to do a progressive cleaning party of sorts I thought “GENIUS!” and wanted to recreate it myself. What’s better than cleaning your house? Watching your friends clean your house 😉 So here’s how it works:
- Round up a few of your most beloved friends, the kind that you are okay getting down and dirty with.
- Each person can pick a project that they would like to tackle in their own home – ie: kitchen cleanup, organize an office, clean out drawers, bathroom scrub a dub dub, closet cleanout, living room rearrange or whatever you can dream up!
- Pick a day where you go from house to house OR spread it out over the course of a month and you each jump in and get that project dominated in a matter of minutes [okay, depending on what it is, maybe hours] but guys – the exciting part of this whole thing is that there is power in numbers! What can be an overwhelmingly daunting task to one can be an easy to achieve project for a few of you.
- Get ready! To keep things SUPER simple and cost-effective, we ordered the cleaning bundle from Brandless which includes 6 products [Cleaning wipes, lavender granite & stone cleaner, tub & tile cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, lilac dish soap and eucalyptus & lavender gel hand soap] for only $18! You read that right, $18 for everything you need! Added bonus – it all smells amazing and actually kinda makes me want to clean. WHAT.
- Have FUN! Soak up that girl time in the process – chat about life, eat some great snacks, drink a few drinks and walk away feeling like you just got.stuff.done.
Side note – this would also be a great idea to do with friends for somebody who just had a baby, is going through a hard time, just bought a house and the list goes on! Speaking of — Brandless has a huge variety of bundles that tend to some of those very life moments [or other important things like taco nights, hummus kits, DIY beauty bundles, party supply essentials and more!] If you haven’t heard of Brandless EVERYTHING is $3 and they are better for you products ranging from gluten-free, certified organic, vegan, non-GMO products and more!
Back to the cleaning party shenanigans – for our little shindig we tackled the kitchen in my house and divided up the tasks between washing dishes, cleaning counters, organizing cupboards and general pick-up. It took no time at all to make a big ole dent in polishing that space right up!
Obviously, to celebrate such accomplishments in a fresh and clean smelling space, we busted out some of our favorite $3 Brandless snacks which at the top of the list include toasted coconut cookie thins, organic crushed pepper and truffle oil popcorn, beef jerky, fig and thyme crisps and the delicious sweet BBQ popped potato crisps. Everybody LOVED all of the treats and there’s a 99.9% chance we demolished it all in no time flat. And that my friends, is how to make cleaning your house not such a sucky task. It’s amazing what friends and snacks can do for your cleaning game. Have any of you tried this before? If so, how do you do it?
ps. Have you tried Brandless yet? The addiction is real my friends..once you start, you’ll never want to stop.
photos by tina herschberger photography
Disclosure: Thank you to Brandless for partnering on today’s post.
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.