It only seemed fitting to have my first official post of 2015 to be food related. Big things this year, big things. I posted this party mix on Instagram
a few days ago and a few of you requested the recipe, so here we have it.
I have always been a huge consumer of party mix, however I was never one to make it because hello, time consuming. That is until I realized you can make it all in your crock pot. At that same time the Heavens opened and angels sang over me. It’s super easy and super delicious. I know this only because I have consumed nearly 18 cups of it over the past 48 hours. Below is the recipe I used, however just know you can substitute in other fun things like Cheez-its, cashews, etc.
What You’ll Need
3 Cups Rice Chex Mix
3 Cups Wheat Chex Mix
3 Cups Corn Chex Mix
2 Cups Pretzels
1 Cup Peanuts
1 Cup Cheerios
1 Cup Fritos
1 Cup Garlic Chips
1 Stick Butter, melted
1/3 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons Seasoning Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
How You’ll Make It
1. Fill your crock pot up with all of the solid ingredients [chex, peanuts, etc].
2. In a bowl, mix together the butter, worcestershire, seasoning salt, and garlic powder.
3. Pour mixture over party mix, and stir together.
4. Turn the crock pot to low and let sit for 3 hours, while stirring every hour on the hour to ensure it doesn’t burn.
5. To prevent the mix getting soggy from the condensation from the lid, place a towel under it as shown below.
6. After three hours, transfer party mix to either a giant serving bowl or into containers to store.
For a printable version, click here
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.