I saw this post a few weeks ago from a blogger role model of mine, Jenny, and knew I wanted in on this action. As crazy as it is, I don’t blog about everything in my life (almost, but not quite) so I thought it would be fun to share the things that I don’t share. So maybe this post should have been titled “5 Things I Never Blog About…Until Now.” So much for keeping it all a secret.
1. How big or small our bank account is. I don’t ever plan on talking about our personal finances on this blog. If we are rich I don’t think it is any of the Internets business and if we are poor I don’t think it’s any of the Internets business. I also don’t know if I would ever share if and when we are debt free (hint: we aren’t). It’s one of those topics that is a fine line between bragging, begging, celebrating, and pouting.
2. Bloggers that I don’t like. It’s true. As much as I want to like every blogger that exists, I don’t. However, unless I am having drinks with you and one subject leads to another, you will probably never ever hear who I don’t care for in this whole online world. There are plenty of other things to talk about (ie: mac and cheese, clothes, make-up, and really important items) than to fill this space with negativity towards other people. And so for that reason, I won’t.
3. The not so great times in my marriage. Like all of us married couples, the times have existed, but again, I don’t think those conversations are meant for strangers (or most people for that matter). And that’s really all I’m going to say about that one.
4. Politics. The only reason I don’t blog about this is because I don’t know anything about anything when it comes to this topic. I live in that very naive ignorant bubble that chooses not to care. It’s foolish I know. Ignorance is not bliss but I’d like to think it is.
5. Questions I have about religion.
I love Jesus, but it doesn’t always make sense. Say for instance, why it is frowned upon in the bible for two people of the same sex to be married? Sometimes I find it hard as a Christian to find the balance of loving vs judging vs guarding the word vs living life fully vs trusting vs acting vs EVERYTHING. I may write a post about a few of these questions and thoughts soon, but until then, it remains a topic not discussed.
What is one thing you will never blog about?
On the reverse side, here is one thing I will blog about….free money. The prize is $500- via paypal, visa gift card, or target gift card. The only requirement for you is to like a page (or many pages!) on facebook. The rafflecopter below makes it ridiculously easy to enter- you can like the facebook page directly through the rafflecopter. Each page liked is a an entry into the giveaway. This will literally take 30 seconds out of your day. 30 seconds for $500- I’d say that’s a pretty high paying job!
Giveaway ends March 11, 2014. All entries will be verified. Giveaway open to international readers with a paypal account- visa or target gift cards will not be sent internationally. Giveaway winner will be announced March 12, 2014.
Brought to you by:
Two Thirds Hazel
, Living in Yellow
, I Wore Yoga Pants
, We Took the Road Less Traveled
, Travel Babbles
, Back East Blonde
, Classic and Bubbly
, Helene in Between
, Love, the Skinnys
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.