Disclosure: Thank you to Home Chef for sponsoring today’s post. I am so thankful to work with brands that I genuinely love and support!
I’ve made it zero secret around here that the only reason Shawn and I stay fed at home is because of meal delivery services. Several years ago I learned that you can have meals shipped directly to your doorstep that have all of the required ingredients, typically take 30 minutes or less to make and they are way crazy delicious and better tasting than anything I’d come up with myself. Insert Home Chef, the meal delivery service that has had us drooling, drooling and drooling some more.
If you’re not acquainted with Home Chef and how meal delivery services work, let me quickly walk through the steps on why I find it to be beneficial to use along with how the process works! So why Home Chef you ask? Where do I begin…
- For starters, the variety of meals that you can select from weekly are not only plentiful [16 options every week] but they are delicious. Whether you are trying to eat health conscious meals [yes, they have calorie and carb conscious options in their Fresh Start menu!] or are looking for quick and easy meals that take 15 minutes or less, they’ve got it. Not only that, but they also offer grill-ready meals that come with a grill bag making it super easy to grill out and have a delicious meal! Oh wait, one more thing while on the topic of meat! In case you’re looking to stock up on beef or seafood, they do offer protein packs you can purchase that will help stock your freezer!
- We’re now eating delicious meals regularly! I can’t get over how great everything has been that we’ve tried. I’m always puzzled by how you can take just a handful of ingredients and turn it into an Instagram worthy masterpiece. Shawn and I have loved every meal we’ve received and we genuinely look forward to the next weeks meals to try more!
- The price. Several of you have asked how much a meal delivery service costs and while it will vary depending on the number of people you are feeding along with the meal selections you make, my average order for the two of us for three dinners is under $50. When I compare that to if we went out to dinner to receive the same quality and taste of food at a restaurant, we are saving a LOT of money. The average meal on Home Chef is $6.99 per person! Bonus: right now when you use code LIY30 you’ll receive $30 off your first order!
- Less time at the grocery store. Because Home Chef delivers right to your doorstep, it means that you don’t have to spend as much time perusing the aisles of your grocery store looking for ingredients that may or may not be on the shelves at this time.
- Speaking of less time, because I am using Home Chef. I don’t have to spend time every week thinking about meal planning and prep. I simply take a couple of minutes every week picking out the meals I want on their website and voila, they show up on my door with all of the quality, fresh ingredients and step-by-step instructions packaged perfectly in their meal kit bags and I’m ready to roll.
So how does it work? Easy! Let me tell you —
- Simply head to the Home Chef website where you can create an account [this takes just a few minutes and they will ask questions like how many people you are cooking for, how often you want meals delivered, your meal preferences, etc]! Bonus: right now when you sign up and use code LIY30 you’ll receive $30 off your first round of meals AND Home Chef will be making a $5 donation to Feeding America* for every new sign-up they receive, a win-win!
- If there is a week rolling around where you’re going to be traveling, maybe you have dinner plans most evenings, or simply don’t want to receive a meal box, you can simply skip the week with zero penalty! You have 100% control over how often you have meals delivered and won’t be charged should you decide not to!
- That’s really all there is to it! After creating your account and setting up your desired delivery frequency and day, you’ll receive email reminders of when you can go in and select next weeks meals [or like I mentioned above, skip!] and the rest is history! All you have to do is wait for your meals to arrive and get to cookin…
Wanting to give it a try? Don’t forget to use code LIY30 for $30 off your first meal delivery from Home Chef! I think you’re really going to love it! If you have any additional questions don’t hesitate to ask! Cheers to becoming the most beloved Chef in the house hold 😉
*Feeding America doesn’t endorse any brand, product, company, or service. No portion of the purchase price is tax-deductible. Minimum donation $10,000; maximum donation $100,000. For more information about Feeding America, visit www.feedingamerica.org