As our country starts to reopen back up, we’re all finding ourselves asking the question of “wait, what do I wear now?!” I have good news to share with you my friends: the same thing you wore for the last three months 😉 Now hear me out. We all did a great job of building our dream quarantine closet [joggers, cozy tops, leggings, etc] but what do we do with those items as we’re able to go out and about more?! Well, if you’re anything like me you simply style them differently. Insert today’s post. I thought it’d be fun to take one popular “quarantine chic” item and style it for three stages of re-entry. Because we’re all on different tracks, some of us still may be rocking the stage one look while us in Indiana have the green light to proceed with stage three. Here’s how I’m breaking down the stages from a fashion perspective:
Stage 1: I hope you like your couch because much of your time may be found here during this stage. While the grocery store may see your face, nobody else really is. Use this time to get as cozy as possible but don’t lose yourself all together.
Stage 2: It’s time to swap the head to toe cozy from either head or toe cozy 😉 In this stage you’re most likely hitting up your hair salon, making a few more trips out and about than before and want to look decently presentable while still staying somewhat comfortable for the majority of your time at home!
Stage 3: Grab your clutch girlfriend because you’re headed to dinner. In this stage you may find yourself with those things called “date night” which call for getting dressed in a way that we haven’t for awhile. Have no fear, you can do it despite what you think 😉
Before we get into all of the outfits, let’s get the logistics out of the way to make this process easier on you – for sizing reference, I am 5’4, 135 lbs on a good day, typically a 2 in tops/dresses and 26 in jeans/pants with a preferred inseam of 26-28 inches. Bra size is 30DDD [I get it from my momma]. Hopefully, this helps when determining what size you’d need. Also, feel free to follow along here for daily outfits [literally every outfit housed in ONE spot] and check out this Pinterest board where you can also get some ideas! Which reminds me, you can pin any of these looks below to save for future reference! Simply click on the links below and you will be taken directly to the retailer where you can shop! Alright, fellow “I like to get dressed” friends, let’s begin! ps. If you’re here, I’m assuming you like a) clothes b) good deals on clothes. Every Tuesday we send out the top deals on the internet and believe me, it’s good. Want in on the list? Sign up here!
- T-Shirt Pocket Dress – Goodthreads – this dress is a perfect piece to rock during every stage! Whether you wear it at home with no shoes, head to the salon by adding a jacket and Converse or bust it out for dinner in stage 3 by simply swapping your tennis shoes for wedges and adding a cute crossbody, you’re set! Easy as 1, 2, 3!
T-Shirt Pocket Dress – Goodthreads [TTS, wearing in S]
2. Perfect Henley Tunic • All In Favor – A LIY classic closet staple, this tunic is as versatile as it is fun to wear. As you can see the style of bottom you rock with it makes all of the difference so simply transition her from leggings to joggers to a cute pair of wide leg white jeans and you’ve got yourself covered for months on end!
Perfect Henley Tunic • All In Favor [Size down if in between, wearing in XS]
3. A recent closet favorite, this Old Navy Soft Utility Jacket. As you can see, it’s easy to wear her during whatever stage you’re in as she’s cute as ever with joggers for at home but also equally as cute with white jeans and a clutch for a girls night out.
Soft Utility Jacket • Old Navy [On sale! TTS, wearing in S]
4. Next up, the softest thing you may have in your closet, this Athleta Pranayama Wrap. I’m happy to report that you can literally layer this over anything and it’s going to look good and feel amazing. Wrap up in home on the couch with joggers or pair it a cute little tank and shorts for a waterside restaurant.
Pranayama Wrap • Athleta [Size down if in between, wearing in S but could do XS]
5. Vintage Cotton Pocket Tank – Goodthreads – a cute tank never goes out of style, this Amazon one especially. As you can see in stage one you can simply wear it with a comfy pair of joggers, move to shorts for your next hair appointment and then bust out some wedges for a night out.
Vintage Cotton Pocket Tank – Goodthreads [Size up if in between, wearing in S]
6. Now for a pair of pants you should have in your closet, these Athleta Trekkie North Joggers! I was curious to find a way to dress them up for a night out on the town and was pleasantly surprised to see just how easy it was. Just because they are joggers doesn’t mean they can’t be paired with a dressy little cami and snakeskin tote to make an insanely comfortable date night look.
Trekkie North Jogger • Athleta [TTS, wearing in S]
7. Gibson x Living in Yellow Millie Cozy Muscle Tank – This one is the ultimate in comfort but also the ultimate in cuteness. At home it’s great with equally as cozy joggers but do you see how easy it is to just add a little knot and slip on some jeans to dress up the look?! Little tweaks make a big difference!
Gibson x Living in Yellow Millie Cozy Muscle Tank [Size down if in between, wearing in XS]
8. Last but not least, these Old Navy Mid-Rise Linen-Blend Shorts! Perfect for lounging around the house with an easy to wear sweatshirt to rocking out and about for your nail appointment or a cute date day look. The only thing standing between you and some ice cream is the transportation to get there because these shorts are ready.
Mid-Rise Linen-Blend Shorts • Old Navy [Size up if in between, wearing in S]
There we have it – 8 pieces that you can wear now and confidently wear later! What stage are you currently in!?