You know the pieces I’m talking about — the ones that you buy one time and then proceed to buy in every color offered. I have a few of those culprits in my closet. They usually come in the form of great basics that you can easily dress up or down or sometimes they come in the form of swimsuit coverups or the most comfortable heel you’ve ever found.
Today I’m bringing you the items I’ve invested in over [and over and over and sometimes over] again. Consider them to be the most tried and true items that I stand by in my closet.
Before we get into all of the outfits, let’s get the logistics out of the way to make this process easier on you – for sizing reference, I am 5’4, 135 lbs on a good day, typically a 2 in tops/dresses and 26 in jeans/pants with a preferred inseam of 26-28 inches. Bra size is 30DDD [I get it from my momma]. Hopefully, this helps when determining what size you’d need. Also, feel free to follow along here for daily outfits [literally every outfit housed in ONE spot] and check out this Pinterest board where you can also get some ideas! Which reminds me, you can pin any of these looks below to save for future reference! Simply click on the links below and you will be taken directly to the retailer where you can shop! Alright, fellow “I like to get dressed” friends, let’s begin! ps. If you’re here, I’m assuming you like a) clothes b) good deals on clothes. Every Tuesday we send out the top deals on the internet and believe me, it’s good. Want in on the list? Sign up here!
- Gibson Notch Collar Cotton Blend Blazer – This blazer is beyond the best I’ve found, mostly due to its insane comfort level. It looks like you’re professionally dressed while it feels like you’re in the same material as your favorite sweatshirt. The fit is flattering and the rolled sleeve detail adds a pop of fun!
Notch Collar Cotton Blend Blazer • Gibson [Size down if in between, wearing in XS]
2. Halogen Lace & Crepe Top – This top has been a go-to for years now. I packed it for a vacation several years ago and haven’t stopped taking it with me on trips since. Not only does it work great alone, you can wear it under a blazer or sweater for the workplace.
Lace & Crepe Top • Halogen [40% off! Size down if in between, wearing in XS]
3. Wit & Wisdom Ab-Solution High Waist Ankle Skinny Pants – Holy comfortable. There’s something about an elastic type of waistband that does something for my soul [and muffin top]. These have extreme stretch and are so comfortable to wear [I promise you could do lunges in these]. Perfect for spring in all of these fun colors!
Wit & Wisdom Ab-Solution High Waist Ankle Skinny Pants – [40% off! Size down one!] / additional colors: Ab-Solution High Waist Ankle Skinny Pants • Wit & Wisdom
4. All In Favor Perfect Henley Tunic – Another OG of tops from my closet. This has been around for years and for good reason. As you can see you can rock it with leggings or tie it up for jeans or shorts. It’s continually being released in different colors and for under $20, you can’t beat it!
Perfect Henley Tunic • ALL IN FAVOR [60% off! Size down if in between, wearing in XS]
5. J. Crew Factory 4″ Linen-Cotton Scalloped Hem Short – The favorite shorts of the LIY team. The scallop detail adds a touch of sweetness, they are long enough to cover the booty and the price, dang the price. They are good.
4″ Linen-Cotton Scalloped Hem Short – J.Crew Factory [under $15! Size up if in between]
6. Gibson Skye Cozy Fleece Jogger – These should come as zero surprise that they are on my list. These are hands down my most lived in pant [wearing them as I type these words]. I own them in every single color offered [the navy, pink and oatmeal are so cute] and whether I’m sleeping in them, wearing them when traveling or to the grocery store, they are SO cozy. Bonus: right now when you add any top from this page, you’ll get them for 50% off!
Skye Cozy Fleece Jogger • Gibson [TTS, wearing in XS]
7. Gibson x Living in Yellow Mary Fleece Off the Shoulder Top – Another Gibson favorite! If it has the word “cozy” in it, it’s most likely bound to be a repeat offender. You can wear this off both shoulders [pair with either a strapless bra – I recommend this one or a bralette] or off one shoulder, whatever your preference is. I often wear mine with leggings or joggers but it’s perfect with jeans for days / nights out as well!
Gibson x Living in Yellow Mary Fleece Off the Shoulder Top [50% off, size down if in between!] /
Mary Cozy Fleece Off the Shoulder Top • Gibson [On sale!]
8. Gibson Cozy Fleece Wrap Top – There is a common theme happening with Gibson cozy items.
Gibson Cozy Fleece Wrap Top [true to size, wearing in small]
9. Adreamly Pom Pom Trim Kaftan Chiffon Swimwear Beach Cover Up – I tried this on a whim after spotting it on Amazon and after my first vacation wearing it, I ordered several more. It washes perfectly and is so easy to throw on when at the pool or beach! The best part? The price.
10. Sam Edelman Hazel Pointy Toe Pump – I dare you to try and find a more comfortable heel [good luck]. You can clearly tell I’m a fan because I can’t stop buying them as new colors are released. I wore these 24/7 when I worked outside the home and I continue to wear them when I want to get a little dressed up or rock a pair of pumps with jeans.
Hazel Pointy Toe Pump • Sam Edelman [several colors on sale! TTS]
11. Sam Edelman Yaro Ankle Strap Sandal – Just like the closed toe heels above, these are my favorite version of open-toe heels, from the same brand. my good ole man Sam. I can wear these all evening long for events without a problem which is a rarity for heels!
Yaro Ankle Strap Sandal • Sam Edelman [On sale! TTS]
12. Sam Edelman Gigi Sandal – Are we seeing a theme yet for Sam Edelman and me?! I should clearly own stock in this company. These sandals are an easy go-to for all summer outfits and the padded bottoms make them a great option for all day wear!
Gigi Sandal • Sam Edelman [On sale! size up .5!]
And there we have it friends – my choices of clothing items for owning in every color! What’s one thing item in your closet that you’d tell your best friend to buy in every color?!