With so much uncertainty going on in the world today, it’s completely normal [and expected] to feel a bit unsettled. Here at LIY, we’re encouraging you to take a bit of time for Y-O-U to recharge and re-energize when you find a moment for yourself [we get it, it’s easier said than done]. Keep in mind, self care looks a little different for everyone. Sometimes it’s squeezing in a quick workout, going on a solo walk, or simply taking a long bubble bath. With that being said, we rounded up a few of our favorite tried and true essentials when it comes to unwinding. Go ahead, be a little selfish and do whatever it is that makes you feel at peace.
To get you started, here are just a few ideas with what you see pictured above along with a lot more tucked in the widget below [for more staying home posts, see our collection here with other tips / tricks and ideas]!
- 52 Lists for Calm Journal – I’ve been a fan of these journals for a few years now. They’re a great way to reflect on something positive each week! This one focuses on soothing anxiety and creating a peaceful life, but I’d also recommend 52 Lists for Happiness.
- Diptyque Feuille de Lavande Scented Candle – I think we can all agree that lighting a good candle is one of the quickest and easiest ways to knock the edge off [a close second to a glass of vino] and the Diptyque Candles do not disappoint, my friends.
- Kopari Coconut Crush Scrub – Sometimes self care comes in the form of spending a little extra time on yourself. Exfoliating feels oh-so good and let’s face it, we could all probably use it this time of year.
- BLAQ Activated Charcoal Under Eye Mask – Stress induced bags under your eyes? Me too. I received these BLAQ Activated Charcoal Under Eye Masks about a year ago in a Fab Fit Fun box and I’ve been hooked ever since.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment – Extra time at home means spending a little extra time on your mane. I try to use this repairing treatment once a week to keep my locks looking healthy.
- San Francisco Salt Company Harmony Foaming Bath Salts – Relaxing in a hot bath can go a long way. These bath salts make it go even further.
- teapigs Chamomile Flowers Tea – If you’re a tea drinker, be sure to try out teapigs Chamomile Flowers Tea. Waking up 15 minutes early for a cup to yourself [or in the evening before bed] can do wonders for clearing your cluttered mind.
- TONYMOLY Super Food Mask Bowl – 15 minutes to yourself [and I can’t stress this enough] works wonders. I recently fell in love with TONYMOLY products and this Super Food Mask Bowl includes six face masks, so you can treat yo-self Monday through Saturday.
- Slip Pure Silk Sleep Mask – A good nights sleep is important. But you already know that. A silk sleep mask ensures those Zzz’s. And if that doesn’t do the trick, I’ve also been hooked on Olly Sleep melatonin gummies. Sweet dreams!