With so much uncertainty going on in the world today, it’s completely normal [and expected] to feel a bit unsettled. Here at LIY, we’re encouraging you to take a bit of time for Y-O-U to recharge and re-energize when you find a moment for yourself [we get it, it’s easier said than done]. Keep in mind, self care looks a little different for everyone. Sometimes it’s squeezing in a quick workout, going on a solo walk, or simply taking a long bubble bath. With that being said, we rounded up a few of our favorite tried and true essentials when it comes to unwinding. Go ahead, be a little selfish and do whatever it is that makes you feel at peace.
To get you started, here are just a few ideas with what you see pictured above along with a lot more tucked in the widget below [for more staying home posts, see our collection here with other tips / tricks and ideas]!
- 52 Lists for Calm Journal – I’ve been a fan of these journals for a few years now. They’re a great way to reflect on something positive each week! This one focuses on soothing anxiety and creating a peaceful life, but I’d also recommend 52 Lists for Happiness.
- Diptyque Feuille de Lavande Scented Candle – I think we can all agree that lighting a good candle is one of the quickest and easiest ways to knock the edge off [a close second to a glass of vino] and the Diptyque Candles do not disappoint, my friends.
- Kopari Coconut Crush Scrub – Sometimes self care comes in the form of spending a little extra time on yourself. Exfoliating feels oh-so good and let’s face it, we could all probably use it this time of year.
- BLAQ Activated Charcoal Under Eye Mask – Stress induced bags under your eyes? Me too. I received these BLAQ Activated Charcoal Under Eye Masks about a year ago in a Fab Fit Fun box and I’ve been hooked ever since.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment – Extra time at home means spending a little extra time on your mane. I try to use this repairing treatment once a week to keep my locks looking healthy.
- San Francisco Salt Company Harmony Foaming Bath Salts – Relaxing in a hot bath can go a long way. These bath salts make it go even further.
- teapigs Chamomile Flowers Tea – If you’re a tea drinker, be sure to try out teapigs Chamomile Flowers Tea. Waking up 15 minutes early for a cup to yourself [or in the evening before bed] can do wonders for clearing your cluttered mind.
- TONYMOLY Super Food Mask Bowl – 15 minutes to yourself [and I can’t stress this enough] works wonders. I recently fell in love with TONYMOLY products and this Super Food Mask Bowl includes six face masks, so you can treat yo-self Monday through Saturday.
- Slip Pure Silk Sleep Mask – A good nights sleep is important. But you already know that. A silk sleep mask ensures those Zzz’s. And if that doesn’t do the trick, I’ve also been hooked on Olly Sleep melatonin gummies. Sweet dreams!
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.