The verdict is in and the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is not healthy for my bank account. Holy crap. Just when I think I am done shopping, I stumble upon something else that I just NEED and all of a sudden I’m adding 12 more things to my cart and well, it’s all starting to feel like my typical Target trip. How many times have I hit checkout? Those are secrets we don’t like to share over here [and I’d advise doing the same when your husband asks you the same question]. The point is, I have found a LOT to try. And so try I will. While you will look at this list below and think “Erin, why did you ACTUALLY buy ALL of this?” and well for starters, I needed it 😉 Kidding. I don’t. However, it is my job to share with all of you what is worth putting your dollars to and what isn’t, so consider me a tester of sorts. I buy a lot because it’s product research [and because getting dressed is fun].
I will say, a lot of what I bought sold out already which I didn’t include before because there’s nothing more frustrating than clicking on something to learn it’s not available so I spared you the heartache and Oreo’s you would have consumed from stress eating. What you’ll see below are the items I ordered that still have good stock left to them. Once they all arrive [delivery is set for Monday] I will start working on my annual Hits & Misses blog post to share my honest thoughts on all of the goods. Also, in case you missed it – I’ve published a few other posts about this year’s sale that may be of interest to you which you can find here [the 25 styled outfits is a good one].
One thing I want to say — there are several items included in this year’s sale that have been in past sales that I have purchased and absolutely swear by. Because you won’t see them listed below [since I already own] I wanted to mention them here. If you buy nothing else during this year’s sale, I would say absolutely buy these things:
- Born Riding Boots [true to size] These are the most comfortable and durable riding boot I’ve ever owned and they also happened to be the #1 shoe purchased by LIY readers last year! They are good, believe me.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings [size up if in between] I wear these leggings more than any other leggings in my closet. Whether it’s with sweatshirts and sneakers, a tunic sweater and booties or a dress and heels, you can literally wear these with anything and everything. They are so comfortable and flattering.
- Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan [size down if in between] This is the softest cardi I’ve ever owned and everybody of all ages loves it. This is the best time to purchase one as they rarely go on sale [think Christmas gifts]. Just wait until you feel it. You can also wear this so many ways [from lounging around the house or with a plaid button up and booties for a day out].
- Tory Burch Mini Everly Crossbody Bag I bought this in last year’s sale and have used it almost every day since. It still looks brand new and it is the perfect size to hold all of your necessities without allowing it to get crowded with junk. A great investment piece!
- Gibson x Living in Yellow Skye Cozy Joggers [true to size] If you haven’t tried these, they are a must. We released these in our March 2018 collection and they’ve been a best seller since. They are beyond comfortable and I promise, they last. I know because I’ve worn them every evening since March 2018.
- Nordstrom Kennebunk Throw. For $25 you can’t beat these blankets. They wash and stay so well and are incredibly soft and cozy. Definitely a fan favorite.
- Zella Live In High Waist Leggings [true to size] If you’re looking for a great pair of everyday lounge, active, or fashion leggings, these are a great option. I love the high waist, how well they hold up with wear and that they aren’t sheer and plenty warm all winter long! A tried and true favorite for years!
- Nike No Show Socks These are my favorite no-show socks and during the sale they are under $10 for a 3-pack. It’s hard to find no show socks that don’t slip off your feet and fortunately, these have stayed put for me!
Now that we got those oldies but goodies out of the way, I present the items that are currently on their way to me…..
Madewell Suede Stripe Transport Leather Tote // Rebecca Minkoff Jody Suede Feed Bag // Herschel Supply Co. Alexander Tote BagSTS Blue Colbey Leopard Print Denim Jacket // BLANKNYC Next Level Suede Moto Jacket // 1.STATE Ruched Sleeve Stretch Crepe Blazer // The North Face ThermoBall(TM) PrimaLoft® Vest
Blondo Eloise Waterproof Bootie // Steve Madden Rockstar Genuine Calf Hair Bootie // Lucky Brand Yimina Wedge Bootie // Steve Madden Jillian Bootieborn Uchee Knee High Boot // Steve Madden Everly Over the Knee Boot // Hunter Tour Packable Waterproof Rain Boot
BLANKNYC Faux Suede Trench Coat // Gibson Teddy Bear Faux Fur Jacket // The North Face ThermoBall(TM) II Insulated Hooded Parka
Vince Camuto Laguna Crepe Belted Dress // Tahari Scuba Crepe Sheath Dress // Tahari Tie Waist Sleeveless Crepe Jumpsuit // Eliza J Flutter Sleeve Sheath Dress // Tahari Cap Sleeve Crepe Sheath Dress
AG Ex-Boyfriend Relaxed Slim Jeans // PAIGE Hoxton Ripped High Waist Ankle Skinny JeansASICS® GSM Sneaker // Cole Haan GrandPro Sneaker // Nike Epic React Flyknit 2 Running Shoe // Halogen® Lucy Flat // Steve Madden Feather Studded Loafer // Nike Blazer Low SneakerCaslon® Turtleneck Sweater// Treasure & Bond Plaid Front Zip Cape // Free People Softly Structured Knit Tunic // Caslon® Boat Neck Boucle Sweater // Caslon® Cowl Neck Waffle Knit TopCaslon® Thermal Henley Top // Treasure & Bond Colorblock Crewneck Sweatshirt // Zella Gen Tee // BP. V-Neck TeeVince Camuto Sleeveless V-Neck Top // 1.STATE Lace Trim Camisole // Something Navy Utility Blouse // Vince Camuto Button Split Sleeve Top // Halogen® Print Sleeveless Top // Halogen® V-Neck Blouse
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.