This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Remember how I like to eat? Well guess what, nothing has changed. I’m still over here doing just that. So here’s the thing – I’m a meat girl. Always have been, always will be. There’s just something about biting into a juicy burger or snacking on little bites of protein that resonate very well with my stomach. When I was shopping recently at my local Meijer store, I found myself smack dab in the refrigerator section staring at Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage and I knew it was my time to get creative in the kitchen. People seem to associate sausage with breakfast, however it goes way beyond that people. Lunch, dinner, snacks…bottom line is that sausage is king. The first big decision though – which flavors to get? Regular/Original, Country Mild, or Hot?
I settled on the regular/original and hot because what’s life without a little spice right? And that’s when it went down in the kitchen…. here’s what was hand crafted just for your pleasure. Okay, and mine.
First up, the sausage smashed burger complete with pickled cucumbers and sprout slaw. Also known as amazing. Here’s all the details on how to make your own [believe me, your husband will love you after this].
Sausage Smashed Burger Recipe
This restaurant trending burger is coming to your home. Use Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage with caramelized onions smashed together in a skillet or char-grill and topped with jarlsberg cheese. Layered between brioche bread, charred tomato, pickled cucumbers, shaved Brussel sprouts with garlic mayonnaise.
1.Combine sugar, vinegar and water in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add cucumber slices. Refrigerate for an hour before use, the cucumbers will be tender yet still have texture.
2. Combine Brussels sprouts, mayonnaise and garlic paste in a mixing bowl; keep refrigerated until use.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onions, butter and cook on medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring often until onions are tender. Drain and reserve excess butter to toast bread slices, refrigerate onions until cooled.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of reserved onion butter in the same skillet over medium. Toast 2 slices of bread at a time until desired doneness, repeat with remaining ingredients and set aside.
5. In the same skillet, heat the tomato slices until a slight charring occurs, set aside.
6. Combine the sausage and caramelized onions together in a mixing bowl. Divide the sausage mix into 4 equal parts and roll into individual ball-shapes. Using the same skillet, smash the sausage into the skillet with a flat spatula until you have your desired thickness. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the natural juices run clear. Finish with the shredded cheese and let melt before removing from the skillet. You can cook them all in the same skillet or two at a time. Layer the burger between toasted bread with tomatoes, pickles and slaw. Enjoy!
Is your mouth watering yet? Good, lets continue.
Next up is the easiest party appetizer of all party appetizers which has been on repeat in my kitchen lately. So easy and so delicious. Not only do they look like you know what you are doing, but they taste like you do too. Only 5 ingredients and around 15 minutes to make, you will love them. Promise.
Serving size: 25
Time: 15 minutes Ingredients: 1 (25 count) package wonton wrappers (found in the produce section typically) 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Hot Roll Sausage, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
3/4 cup ranch dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Press wonton wrappers individually into a muffin tin and bake for 5 minutes until light golden brown.
2. Remove from the oven and place onto a cookie sheet. Repeat until all wrappers are baked.
3. Mix the sausage, cheeses, and ranch dressing until well blended. Spoon into the wonton wrappers.
4. Bake 5-10 minutes, serve warm. Enjoy!
And there you have it, two awesome sausage recipes you need to make now. Which recipe will you be trying first?
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.
Bring on summertime, sunshine, and all the Amazon deliveries. Anyone else feeling this way now that it’s all of a sudden May? Where did the first 4 months go? While we may not know where those months went, we do know the Amazon delivery driver visited our homes a few times, and we don’t see […]
When someone on the Living in Yellow team threw out the idea of an office margarita tasting, we couldn’t say “where’s the tequila?” fast enough! Twist our arms, fine, we’ll taste test the margs! Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, we wanted to share our three favorites with you so you can sip them […]
Let’s just say, until we started working on this post, I had no idea that there were different pillows for different sleep positions. I figured it was a one-size fits all approach, maybe just a preference of firm or soft! Well, needless to say, I was way off. I also learned that over 70% of […]