1. There is absolutely no shame in this game. You will come to terms with this once you find yourself laying on the ground to get just the right angle of the Christmas Tree — at the mall.
2. Twitter is basically full of politicians trying to get the younger crowd, and bloggers. Mostly bloggers.
3. By the time you reach around 1,000 blog posts you will have a butt that resembles that of a pancake, a larger midsection, and many many empty bottles of wine to show for it.
4. Those grammar rules you learned in fourth grade and promptly ignored really do matter, particularly when you’re writing for a potentially very large audience. (ie. they’re, there, their; two, to, too)
5. A blogger’s favorite thing to write about is blogging. That and what they did this weekend.
6. YOU ARE BUSY NOW. Why? Because it takes approximately 38 minutes to look for the correct affiliate link to include in your post for that Goody hair tie that you accidentally had around your wrist in the midst of an outfit photography session. For what? 12 cents in revenue…on a good day.
7. Looking for a new way to style your favorite maxi skirt this winter? Blog land has about 20 ways.
8. Other people are cooler than me and you. Don’t believe me? Scroll through you Instagram feed. The proof is in the filter.
9. If you thought the SATs expanded your vocabulary, you’ll be shocked by what blogging can do. Words like “sponsor,” “giveaway,” “blogiversary,” and “SEO” start to take on meanings you didn’t know they had.
Number 11 — bloggers love company, no matter the hour.