Alright fine, you want me to admit it? I will then, I’m addicted to blogging
. I know this may come as a surprise to some of you as this is only my 829th post ever written, but it’s true, I am. How do I know? Well, you will see below. The clever “Daily Tay
” and I came up with a list of how we personally know we have become addicted. Some you may recognize, others you may still be in denial about. Just you wait though, all of the below will happen to you at some point in time.
Sit back, read, and come to terms with the fact that you, yes you, are also addicted to blogging.
Are you addicted to blogging? If you find yourself nodding your head to any of these I hate to break it to you, but I think you might be. If the blogger shoe fits…
1. You’ve had dreams about other bloggers.
2. If you see it on a blog, you buy it. Clothes, jewelry, vajajay deodorant, etc. It doesn’t matter what it is but if another blogger has it, you need it.
3. You plan your day around when you can fit in a post.
4. You break out into a cold sweat when you realize the pictures your husband just took of you while you stood outside in negative twenty degree temps turned out blurry, cut off, and of absolutely no good use.
5. You sometimes catch yourself doing things just so you can blog about it.
6. Time is no longer measured in minutes, hours, days, and weeks, but rather by blog posts and blog posts only.
7. You get anxiety if you see you have an error in your post but aren’t around a computer or phone to fix it yet.
8. You occasionally use your dog as a prop to pose with you during awkward public photo shoots.
9. You check your stats more than twenty times a day.
10. You stop responding to your name but rather only when somebody calls you by your blog title.
11. You respond to reader comments before you respond to family emails.
12. Your meals are a result of what you just saw on Instagram.
13. You spend hours on creating what you believe will be the one pin that will go viral, only to result in three repins.
14. You sleep with a notebook next to your head, just in case.
15. You read blogs right before you go to bed… And again when you wake up.
16. You suddenly want a new cool camera even though you know you’ll probably never really figure out how to use it exactly right.
17. You sometimes think you know bloggers you’ve never met more than you know people in real life.
18. You trade out your WWJD bracelets for OOTD and WIWW.
19. You spend hours in front of the mirror because you will master that perfect messy bun look if it kills you.
20. You spend ridiculous amounts of money on a planner because Heaven forbid you forget to write down that you need to post a picture to Instagram at 2:34 pm on Wednesday afternoon.
It’s okay fellow bloggers, we’re here for you. Now let’s all go grab a glass of wine (and put it on Instagram of course) and then we can tweet about our problems together.
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.