The people of LIY have spoken and it’s time to reveal the answers! Living in Yellow put out a survey where we asked for YOUR input on all of your favorite beauty products ranging from hair, to face to body and everything in between. Thankfully more than 1,000 of you took the time to cast your votes and provide testimonials on why you love the products so much [thank you!] and reading through the results has been so much fun! Needless to say, I have a cart FULL of new beauty products that are about to be on their way to me and I couldn’t be more excited about it! Who knew that I’ve been missing out on an incredible leave-in conditioner, mascara that sounds amazing and bath salts I’ve never tried?! Below you will find the top three winners in every category along with the percentage of votes that particular product received and testimonials that go along with it! You’ll also notice categories where I voiced my personal favorite pick as well! All of the links to shop are located when the product is mentioned and there is a nice little shoppable graphic under each section where you can scroll and look through top products!
I would encourage you to look through all of the categories and a) see if your favorites made the list b) give something new a try c) create a stellar Christmas list to give to your man or d) share this with your friends who are beauty fanatics or in need of something new!
Alright, without further ado – I present to you the LIY Tribe Beauty Winners! First up, hair!
Hair Product Winners
- Pureology Hydrate Shampoo [12%] “Great sulfate free shampoo that makes hair feel shiny & healthy!” “Doesn’t contain sulfates and adds moisture without weighing hair down!” “It smells awesome and doesn’t irritate my scalp!” “Helps my color last longer and the minty-ness wakes up my noggin!” “Keeps my hair looking super healthy. My stylist demands it!”
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo [7%]”It doesn’t weigh down my thin hair. Gives it body and it stays clean longer.” “I only have to wash every 2-3 days. Amazing!” “It does so many amazing things to your hair!!” “It makes my hair fuller and stronger!” “Has eliminated my breakage plus it smells wonderful!”
- Matrix Biolage Hydrosource Shampoo [6.7%] “It makes my hair thicker and it stays grease free longer!” “Keeps my hair soft and frizz free!” “I have to use a purple shampoo for my highlights so I mix Biolage color care with it and it’s glorious! My hair feels clean and NOT heavy afterward.”
- My personal favorite – The Body Shop Ginger Scalp Shampoo – I have always had a problem with my scalp being dry and dandruff and this is the BEST shampoo I have found to eliminate that problem!
- Pureology Hydrate Conditioner [14%] “Moisturizing and light — love the smell and tingle on your scalp!” “Not too heavy for my fine hair!” “Leaves hair soft and shiny, hydrating!”
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Conditioner [7.7%] “Leaves hair light and bouncy. Fully conditioned and smooth, but not weighed down!” “I love all Living Proof products. Responds well to my hair (thick, straight, long)”
- Matrix Biolage Conditioner Colorlast Conditioner [7.6%] “My hair isn’t even colored, but I love this shampoo! It makes my hair so soft and smooth and touchable!” “It’s cheap and it doesn’t weigh my hair down!” “Great for color treated hair!”
- My favorite – Head And Shoulders – I’m fancy like that.
- It’s a 10! Miracle Leave-in Conditioner [42%] “Takes care of so many things in one bottle, and it’s easy to use. My hair stylist actually told me to use it less because my hair was TOO healthy, which is kind of funny.” “I can’t believe how much better my hair is with this!” “Has saved my blonde hair from drying out!” “Light, easy to find and use!” “Great detangler without feeling greasy!” “Tames flyaways and makes combing my hair a breeze!”
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Protector [8.7%] My personal favorite! Here’s what others had to say “It makes my hair so soft/shiny and I love I can use it overnight” “Helps calm the frizz.”
- Redken Extreme Leave-in Treatment [4.4%] “Quality treatment!”
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo [21%] My personal favorite as well! Here’s what others said: “It easily disappears and dries up oil!” “No white residue!” “It smells great and works really well; my hair looks like I washed it!” “Powerful enough to take away the greasy appearance, but not so strong that it makes your hair feel dirtier.”
- Batiste Dry Shampoo [20.5%] “Inexpensive and works!” “THE SMELL!” “I can go all week without a wash but my hair still looks and smells fresh!” “It not only absorbs oil, it gives great body.”
- Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Dry Shampoo [10.5%] “Smells amazing and works very well! Leaving me fresh and almost clean!” “Smells refreshing! No white powdery residue like others!” “I can get it at Target (convenience), it’s fairly priced, it has nice scent options, and most importantly it covers up my greasy hair all day long!”
- It’s a 10! Miracle Hair Mask [18%] “My hair feels so healthy afterward!” “Makes my hair so soft!” “
- Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask [15.3%] “Moroccanoil everything is the bomb-diggity. Just when I think I can live without it and try something else, I run out and all the alternatives just don’t come as close. If you are curly or going grey and your hair is getting unruly, this stuff will even you right out.” “Smell is amazing and hair is in wonderful condition after use!”
- Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment [9.8%] My personal favorite! Here’s what others had to say “Leaves hair so soft!” “The smell is amazing!”
- Bumble & Bumble Thickening DrySpun Finish [10%] “Obsessed! Gives volume to clean, fine textured hair. I swear by it!” “Protects hair and creates volume and ease of styling!”
- Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam [8.9%] “Awesome for curly hair as an all over mousse!”
- Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam [8.3%] “I love the smell and the lightweight of the product but gives volume” “Helps hold my style”
- John Frieda Frizz-ease Hair Serum [18%] “Been using this forever – live in the humid south & this works like a charm!” “Quick easy and not pricey. It takes forever to finish the bottle bc I barely have to use any.”
- Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream [16.2%] “Can I just say baby hairs? They’re the worst! This cream helps control them.” “Hands down best one I’ve used them all!”
- Bed Head After Party Smoothing Cream [5.7%] “Smells amazing and works the best for my frizz.” “Smells amazing, fairly priced, lasts a long time because you only need a small amount to defrizz!”
- MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream [22%] “Moroccanoil for everything. A curl’s best friend. Defines with natural moisture without being greasy or making hair limp.”
- Devacurl Styling Cream Touchable Curl Definer [12.3%] “Defines curls better than any other product I’ve tried — gets rid of frizz and leaves my hair soft to the touch!” “Best curly hair product I have ever used! No frizz easy air dry perfect curls!”
- Living Proof Curl Defining Styling Cream [8.2%] “Keeps my curls curly and no frizz!”
- Kenra Professional Volume Spray [20%] “Not too heavy and holds it in place!” “Holds my hair, but doesn’t make it crunchy!” “Has excellent hold!”
- Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Spray [19.1%] “Easy to find and works really well” “Holds but isn’t sticky!” “It holds everything and makes volume easy.”
- Sebastian Shaper Plus Hold Hairspray [8.7%] “It holds really well and doesn’t feel too heavy.” “Lightweight but effective”
- My personal favorite – DryBar Money Maker Flexible Hold Hairspray – I love this mostly because of the smell, but also because it is a light flexible hold! I like to use hairspray for a little added volume, not to really style and this helps!
- Conair Infiniti Pro [35%] This is what I use (however, I did just order number 3!) Here’s what others had to say “Cheap but gets the job done!” “Price! And it works quickly, efficiently” “Lasts forever and have never had issues with it” “I’ve tried the more expensive blow dryers & this one works as well at a fraction of the price.”
- Babybliss Pro Speed Hair Dryer [15.2%] “I have thick wavy hair and nothing dries it as fast as this dryer. Amazing!” “Looks great; gives me great body without the damage!” “I have a lot of hair…thick hair and it dries it quick and smooth.”
- T3 Featherweight Hair Dryer [13.1%] “Hair looks glossy, healthy, noise reduction and fast dry time (I have a ton of hair)” “Shorter drying time, helps with frizz” “Super lightweight!”
Hot styling tool:
- Chi Hairstyling Iron [28%] “I’ve had mine for 17 years!” “Hot enough, have dropped it a billion times and would never know, heats fast, long cord” “I flat iron my hair in 20 mins. I have tons of hair!” “Lasted me years and does a great job at styling without having to go back over it many times” “Gets hot real fast and with thick hair, it manages all the frizz!”
- BabyblissPro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron [13.9%] “Doesn’t pull hair and easy to use to curl hair.” “I’ve had it for years, it gets really hot and it seems to defrizz my hair at the same time!”
- Hot Tools 24k Curling Iron [13.4%] “Curls my perpetually straight (but thick) hair. Easy to use” “Perfect curls every time and you can control the heat.”
- Wet Brush Hairbrush [72%] My personal favorite! Here’s what others had to say: “I would be crying on my bathroom floor without it. My hair is down to my waist, and this brush allows me to comb through the knots in a quicker and less painful fashion.” “Saves me from combing out my hair then brushing – plus it is gentle on my daughters head!” “Game changer as well. Detangles my curly hair quickly and without pain.” “Swear by it, I have fine hair and it is the best; I use nothing else, doesn’t produce static, use it on my daughter and she doesn’t gripe”
- Drybar Round Ceramic Brush [7.5%] “Smooths while I’m drying. Adds bounce.”
- Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hairbrush [5.3%] “Makes my hair so shiny!” “Use for styling and detangling!”
Other notable best overall hair product – MorocconOil! I use one to two squirts before I blow-dry my hair and just rub it all over. It makes my hair incredibly soft and smells great! It also helps with flyaways if you use it on dry hair!
Next up – facial cleansing products!
Winners Facial Cleansing Products
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser [16%] “Gentle on my skin” “Dermatologist recommended and affordable” “It’s light and easy on my combination skin!” “Cleans without over drying. Has helped clear up breakouts!”
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser [8.7%] “It’s AMAZING. Takes off all of my makeup and leaves my Face feeling clean!” “1 step cleansing for eye makeup and my face.” “Leaves my face clean and soft and removes all my makeup!” “Makeup melts right off your face and it is non-drying.”
- Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser [7.5%] “All Cerave products are awesome! Not drying, yet effective” “Dermatologist recommended and it’s cheap and works!” “Perfect for sensitive skin!”
- My personal favorite – Rodan + Fields Reverse and Beautycounter Rejuvenating Face Cleanser. I have been using R+F for years and have had great results. I am slowly starting to gravitate towards Beautycounter just because I love that I know it’s made with safe ingredients and it truly does leave my skin feeling awesome and clean! Right now I use the Reverse system in the morning and the Beautycounter at night!
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream [10%] “It hydrates well is nongreasy and doesn’t break my skin out” “My Dermatologist recommended to me, no breakouts and absorbs nicely!” “Moisturizes really well without making my face feel oily and it’s light!”
- Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar [6.7%] “Makes my face feel great!” “Leaves skin soft, a little goes a long way!”
- Rodan + Fields – There was a mix of all of the different systems moisturizers mentioned! Here are some of the things said “Good moisturizer without feeling greasy and has SPF!” “Ultra moisturizing without being heavy!”
- My personal favorite – Beautycounter Countermatch Adaptive Moisturizer This moisturizer is pretty magical. It basically learns your skin type and over time adapts to provide exactly what you need [told you, magic!] I always used to be a greaseball by mid-day and now that I’ve been using this, that never happens! Couldn’t live without this now!
- Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Overnight [9%] “I’m 40 and look 18…just kidding…it doesn’t make me break out, isn’t overly harsh, but seems to do the job.” “Great smell, light moisturizer!”
- Clinique Turnaround Overnight Revitalizing Moisturizer [7.6%] “So thick and I wake up with my skin feeling like it had a huge drink of water!” “Baby soft skin without clogging my pores!”
- Olay Regenerist 3 Point Night Cream [7.6%] “It’s what my mom uses, and she’s always had great skin.” “Love the results!”
- My personal favorite [and a lot of yours too!] – Rodan and Fields Overnight Restorative Cream. I feel like my face has never looked better in the mornings than when I use this! It is so hydrating without being greasy and leaves my skin looking brighter than it used to! A little goes a long way!
Eye Makeup Remover:
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover [29%] “It is the only product that gets my waterproof mascara off ” “I’ve only tried the Loreal and Neutrogena brand, and the Neutrogena brand takes the makeup off so much better.” “It doesn’t burn my eyes” “Not too expensive, gets all the makeup off without scrubbing.”
- Almay Oil-Free Gentle Eye Remover Pads [8.5%] “Gentle formula that doesn’t leave a film in my eyes” “I’ll NEVER use anything else!” “Not oily. Takes off all makeup”
- Clinique Take the Day Off Micellar Cleansing Towelettes [7.5%] “Micellar water is so gentle on your eyes!”
- My personal favorite [and a lot of yours as well!] – Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover – It’s the only thing I have ever used because it’s SO good. It is gentle and takes the ridiculous amounts of mascara off in seconds. I’ve tried others and nothing compares! Only $15 and lasts several months!
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream [14%] “It does what it says it will do” “Inexpensive and nicely moisturizes, smells nice”
- Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker [6.1%] “Works well, no heavy smell!” “It’s so refreshing!”
- Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Power Serum [4.3%]
- Clinique All About Eyes Eye Cream [16%] “No oily appearance and my eyes don’t look so tired” “Depuffs and hydrates” !”Reasonably priced and works”
- IT Cosmetics Confidence In An Eye Cream [6.5%]
- Olay Eyes Eye Lifting Serum [6.5%] “Used it forever & have minimal lines!”
- My personal favorite – Beautycounter Rejuvenating Eye Cream! I don’t use it as often as I should, however, when I do I feel like my dark circles are lighter and the skin around my eyes feels firmer!
- BeautyCounter Purifying Charcoal Mask [27%] My favorite! Here is what several of you had to say “It pulls out toxins & skin looks refreshed with fewer breakouts!” “Nondrying and very detoxifying at the same time.” “It smells awesome and works!” “My face feels great afterward!”
- Sheamoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Mask [4%]
- Feeling Beautiful Dead Sea Facial Mask [2.9%]
Of course, no beauty survey would be completed without makeup..
- BareMinerals Original Foundation [18.2%]”Lightweight, doesn’t clog pores, looks natural” “Because it’s lightweight yet buildable, has a wide color range, fairly priced, and doesn’t make me break out!” “It has great coverage without being cakey and matches your skin so you just look like you.”
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup [6.8%] “Great coverage and lasts, while still looking natural!” “It still looks fresh after an entire day.” “It is THE best! It really stays on all day!”
- IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation [6.2%] “It is light yet it covers everything!” “Lightweight evens out my skin and feels like I’m wearing nothing” “It goes on smoothly and it has a strong SPF. My face never gets burned anymore!”
- My personal favorite – Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation! I have used this for so many years and it’s never disappointed! I love that it covers and evens out my skin without being too thick or heavy.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer [16.1%]”It covers my dark circles very well but lasts all day-no creasing” “Hides my really dark under eyes” “Goes on well & stays on well.” “A little goes a long way. It will cover everything!”
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer [8.4%] “It’s amazing. That’s all :)” “Doesn’t cake or settle in lines” “Completely covers my dark circles”
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer [7.9%] “Love the soft sponge applicator. It works better than any other concealer I have tried – expensive or cheap.” “Great At hiding eye bags!” “I hardly ever use concealer, but the applicator is why I like this one!” ”
- My personal favorite – Mary Kay Concealer. Again, it’s the only thing I have used for the past 15 years and I can’t steer away because it works so crazy well! It hides redness well and stays on all day!
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream [24.1%]”It’s like magic!” “Amazing coverage and super natural looking” “Tried them all but this is my current fav because it’s lightweight!” “So light on my skin, but good coverage. Living in AZ I love the high SPF!”
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream [11.6%] “Great coverage, not too heavy and leaves a dewy natural finish” “I don’t break out using this product” “SPF, goes on clean, stays all day, light but good coverage!”
- Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream [9.3%] “I honestly just love Clinique and my skin as sensitive as it doesn’t need have issues with Clinique products!” “Light and comfortable”
- BECCA Skin Perfector Highlighter [20.6%]”Looks great and can build up for more dramatic looks or keep more natural!”
- Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter Palette [13.9%] “Lasts all day and isn’t glittery!” “Great shades!”
- Benefit Cosmetics Watt’s Up! Cream To Powder Highlighter [12.2%] “Easy to blend and nice for smaller spots and if you want a thicker highlight, it’s easy to do!” “Love this for under eyes. Gets those bags away!” “I use the travel size, great for “pick me up” look at work!”
- Smashbox Photo Finisher Foundation Primer [30.3%]”Light and creates a flawless look!” “When I’m on camera my skin is perfect and flawless. “Lightweight absorbs quickly & been using it for years. The tube lasts forever!” “Leaves my skin dewy and with a nice glow.” “Helps makeup stay all day without touch-ups!”
- BareMinerals Prime Time BB Primer [11.8%] “Makes my skin so soft.” “Light and natural” “Makes skin smooth”
- Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional Face Primer [8.8%] “Smooths out pores”
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion [44.6%]”Eyeshadow doesn’t budge!” “It ACTUALLY prevents my eyelids from getting oily and keeps my eye makeup in place all day.” “The bomb!!! Works the best!”
- MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base [7.8%] “Absolutely the BEST! The ONLY product that holds my shadow!!!” “It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing”
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eyeshadow Primer [6.9%] “Everything goes on smooth and lasts all day” “I love the champagne color one! It really brings out the pigments in my shadow.”
- My personal favorite – Mary Kay Eye Primer. My eyeshadow stays on all day long and is so much more vibrant than if I didn’t use a primer! The tube lasts forever because you only need a little bit!
- Urban Decay Glide-On Pencil [16.8%] “Easy to use and lasts all day” “It stays on! Even with my oily skin.”
- Stila Day All Day Eyeliner [12.4%] “Blackest black and actually stays!”
- Clinique Quickliner [10.6%] “Twist to sharpen, super easy to apply.” “Love this eyeliner! Stays on and very easy to apply” “No smudge!”
- My personal favorite – you guessed it, Mary Kay. I get asked often about my eyeliner because it stays perfectly all day long! It goes on so smooth and doesn’t smudge. I can’t say enough good things about this eyeliner!
- Benefit They’re Real Lengthening Mascara [12.8%] “My lashes are so long and full with this product” “It doesn’t flake!” “Best mascara EVER! Looks like I’m wearing false eyelashes!” “Before I got extensions I used this religiously. It’s the BEST at lengthening.” “I have long eye lashes but this mascara adds fullness without making my lashes tooooo long”
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara [12.7%] “Makes lashes look full and long, whereas others make mine look clumped together” “Makes my lashes look 10 times fuller and longer!” “I love the volume it adds with no clumping!”
- Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara [9%]- My personal favorite! Here’s what you all had to say “I’ve been using this for YEARS and it just cannot be beat!” “Not clumpy and gives great volume. Cheap too.!”
- Urban Decay Naked Palette [51.2%!] My personal favorite, I use this one! Here are some words from you guys: “Lots of color choices, easy to use!” “Perfect colors, many options, great color payoff” “Every shade I need is in there. They have great pigment and staying power. Very easy to blend.” “The Naked Palette is perfection in a box. It is my go-to for daytime or night. Every single color I could ever need or want is there.” “So many options, but also neutral enough to wear all the time”
- Tarte Tartlette 2 In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette [4.4%] “Great pigmentation!”
- BareMinerals The Hidden Treasure Ready 18.0 Eyeshadow Palette [3.2%] “Love the color choices!”
- Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil [20.2%] “I go to an Anastasia brow expert to shape my brows and she recommended it. I’ve used almost every other product out there and this is the only one that fills in and shapes my brows the way I like it.” “It is super thin and foolproof!” “Looks so natural and easy to work with” “Thin lines, so you don’t overdo it easily.”
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo [11.7%] “Cannot live without this!” “Great color for a natural redhead!”
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel [9.9%] “LOVE THIS. Was an eyebrow novice before this product. Hard to overdo; a clean look that takes less than 1 min to apply.” “Easy to use, gives my brows a bit of oomph without looking like I painted them on with a stencil. Ladies need to stop with that!”
- BareMinerals Invisible Bronze Powder [17.1%]”Always loved the powder!”
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer [15.6%] My personal favorite! Here’s what others said, “I’ve searched high and low for the perfect bronzer and this one seems to be the perfect color!!” “Blends well and looks natural!” “Love the lighter shade for us pale gals!” “LOVE this for a natural color & for contouring!!”
- Nars Bronzing Powder [10%]
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush [16.6%]”Long lasting good color!” “Colors are AMAZEBALLS!!” “Stays all day with no touch-ups!” “Super pigmented and long lasting!”
- MAC Powder Blush [11.6%] “Just looks like naturally flushed skin.” “No too heavy. Good color. I always like NARS!”
- BareMinerals READY Blush [10.1%] “Love the color!“
- My personal favorite – Becca Mineral Blush. The color options are great and it is super pigmented and stays all day!
- IT Brushes for Ulta [28.6%]”Reasonably priced and great quality!” “Love ALL It brushes. They don’t shed and apply beautifully!” “Super soft, easy to clean and don’t shed!”
- Sephora Collection Ready to Roll Brush Set [11.9%] “Everything you need nothing more nothing less!” “Holds up over time!”
- e.l.f. Cosmetic Brush Set [11.5%] “Budget friendly and they are just great!”
- My personal favorite – Beautycounter Best of Brushes Set. I recently started using these and I feel like they make such a difference in the way my makeup goes on. They hold a lot more powder which means I can use less and they are so super soft and feel awesome on my face!
- Urban Decay Cosmetics All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray [42.6%]”Really keeps your makeup in place all day!” “Feels refreshing but ensures that my makeup will last all night!” “The ABSOLUTE best, I used for my wedding!” “Helps reduce shine and lasts all day. Easy to apply in one spray!”
- MAC Prime + Prep + Fix [10.8%] “Feels fresh!”
- NYX Professional Makeup Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray [7.3%]
- MAC Matte Lipstick [21.7%] “Probably the least drying out of all the brands I’ve tried & nice colors!” “Stays on and has great shades!” “Great coverage!”
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Duo [6.8%]
- Lipsense [4.4%] “Doesn’t smudge and I don’t reapply all day!” “It literally lasts from 9 am to 9 pm. No joke.” “Long last and don’t have to worry about lip stick on your teeth or anything for that matter.”
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish [16%] “Obsessed with the Buxom glosses, best colors and textures. No weird taste or scent!” “Stays on well, minty freshness tingles, every shade you can imagine. I have about ten of these….it’s ludicrous.” “Feels great and love the tingle plumping effect”
- NYX Butter Lip Gloss [13.2%] “Affordable and small. I like to change my lip color and brand up a lot, so affordable is important, and nyx has good pigment.!” “Obsessed with the texture and colors” “The best! Moisturizing, long lasting, great colors, good price!’
- Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss [8.8%] “Good coverage and non-sticky feeling!” “Good stay power!”
- My personal favorite – Beautycounter Lip Gloss. Super hydrating, not sticky, made with safe ingredients and I love the colors! My lips have never felt better!
- Burts Bees Lip Balm [28.6%]”Natural ingredients, inexpensive & make lips soft & great for those windy, cold New England winters, but also has SPF!” “IT’S always been my go-to since high school. it feels thicker than Carmex and EOS, so I feel like it has more staying power. I’m not reapplying it all the time like I do with the EOS stick.” “Addicted to the mint!”
- ChapStick Lip Moist Lip Balm [11.2%] “I’ve been using this forever and nothing makes my lips feel better” “Cannot beat a classic!”
- EOS Smooth Stick [9.1%] “Always in my jackets and purses love how it doesn’t feel like I’m caking on chapstick!”
- My personal favorite – Beautycounter Lip Conditioner in Peppermint. The only product I’ve found to actually keep my lips hydrated. The peppermint also tastes/feels amazing on!
And last but not least, body care.
Winners Body Care
- Bath & Body Works [20%] “Always my go to! I love the smell of it all!” Lathers great!” “Calming line with eucalyptus!” “Great scents, always on sale!”
- Olay Luscious Embrace Moisturizing Body Wash [11%] “Smells so good and leaves my skin moisturized!” “Affordable and non-thick after skin feel!”
- Aveeno Daily Moisture Body Wash [10.1%] “Light scent, no harsh chemicals!” “It’s gentle & smells great!” “Doesn’t dry out my skin!”
- Neutrogena Body Scrub [15%] “Great low price”
- Burts Bees Sugar Scrub [13.5%]
- Soap & Glory The Scrub of Your Life Body Buffer [7.4%] “Smells great, exfoliates skin gently!” “Love the smell!”
- Venus Embrace [34%] “Super close shave, like the handle of it, feels grippy without being annoying!” “Gentle blades” ” 5 blades=close shave!”
- Gillette Venus Spa Razor [25.9%] “I love that it has built-in shave bars so I don’t have to use shaving cream!” “Lasts longer than 2-3 shaves, doesn’t “snag” skin”
- Schick Hydro Silk Razor [18.2%] “So silky and close shave!” “Works well without being hard on skin!” “Very close shave minimal cuts!”
- Skintimate SkinTherapy Moisturizing Shave Gel [26%] “Inexpensive & a little goes a long way!” “The Can doesn’t rust ????”
- Gillette Satin Care Shave Gel [16.5%] “Smell & silky, legs are super soft!” “Haven’t tried others because this works well and doesn’t irritate my skin!”
- EOS Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream [15.6%] “My skin feels so smooth after I shave!” “Great smells and moisturizing!” “Like the pump!”
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion [15%] “Natural, good for sensitive skin!” “It’s what I’ve always used and I can buy in bulk from Costco!”
- Jergens Shea Butter Moisturizer [9.9%] “I love the cherry almond scent!” “Blends well and isn’t thick!” “Keeps my skin soft!”
- Hempz Original Herbal Body Moisturizer [9.2%] “The best weight; not too heavy but really moisturizes; great smell!” “Love all the different scents!”
- Dove Advanced Care [19%] My personal favorite! Here is what others said: “I smell amazing, even after the gym. Like nothing I’ve ever seen!” “Smells lovely and is not too harsh!” “Keeps the odor and sweat away!”
- Secret Clinical Strength [17.2%] “Works and comes in waterproof!” “Keeps you fresh all day!” “The regular stuff doesn’t work for me I need the clinical strength and it does work!”
- Secret Original [11.4%] “Shea butter smell is amazing and the deodorant works!”
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau De Toilette [11%] “Light and everyone compliments it!”
- Clinique Happy Perfume [7.2%] “Light and reminds me of summer!” “Been my scent since high school absolute favorite and I’ve never really tried anything else since!”
- Ralph Lauren Romance Eau De Parfum [6.2%] “I️ have been wearing for years!!! My everyday scent.” “Because my husband loves it!”
- New personal favorite – I just bought Flowerbomb this weekend and the smell is incredible. I know why it’s so popular now!
- Jergens Natural Glow Pump [30%] “Doesn’t steak and I have super fair skin! Always looks amazing. I’ve tried everything!” “Excellent coverage!’
- L’Oreal Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer [8.7%] “Not orange!”
- Fake Bake Flawless [7.1%] “Good coverage without the orange tint!” “I don’t use it often but when I do it looks very natural.”
- Neutrogena [37%] “Good for sensitive skin especially for the face!” “Not greasy, doesn’t leave my skin white!” “High SPF and easy to apply not goopy!”
- Sun Bum [10.8%] “It works and the smell yummy!” “It’s the bomb!!!”
- Aveeno [10.5%] “The smell and it works!” “I first used their SPF 20 face lotion in Punta Cana, while using SPF 45 Banana Boat..most of me burned, but never my face! Now, that’s all I use and bonus points that it doesn’t have crazy chemicals!”
- Lush Bath Bombs [37%] “Smell amazing, lots of options, gentle on skin!” “Fun surprises as they dissolve. Leaves my skin feeling soft, not dried out.” “Amazing bubble bath!”
- Dr. Teals Epsom Salt [31.7%] “You can literally feel your body detoxing in the tub!” “Helps with sore muscles” “Helps me relax and smells great!” “My body is always so achy and this is the perfect treatment for it!”
- Bath & Body Works Luxury Bath [8.2%]
- My personal favorite – L’Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath. Not only is the smell super relaxing and delightful, it leaves my skin feeling silky and smooth! It provides tons of bubbles and makes the whole bath experience feel like such a luxurious relaxing event!
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment [14%] “I’m a nurse, I can’t even count how many times I wash my hands & use alcohol-based hand sanitizers, this heals cracks, cuticles & quick absorbing & NO fragrance :)” “Significant results, does not burn severely chapped skin!”
- Bath & Body Works [13.5%]
- Aveeno Daily Moisture [10.4%] “Light, soaks right in, not greasy at all!”
Facial Hair Removal:
- Nair Face Cream [14.3%] “Wooly Mammoth to Naked Mole Rat in 10 minutes flat!” “Wax strips have left a residue that causes breakouts on me. Nair is the only cream that I have used thus far, it removes the hair quickly, so I’m a routine buyer”
- Sally Hansen Wax Strip Kit [14%] “Easy to do lip wax on your own”
- Panasonic Women’s Facial Trimmer [10.9%]
- OPI [57%] “Great colors and long lasting!” “Love the colors and how long it lasts with fewer coats!” “Love the gel colors!” “”The only kind that lasts when I paint them myself. Also goes on smooth!”
- Essie [27.6%] “Great colors, doesn’t chip & Made in the USA :)!” “The gel couture line lasts forever and they have a great shade selection!” “Fast dry time!”
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel [2.6%] “Amazing at staying on and easy to remove!” “Stays on the best!”
Nail Polish Color:
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.