Fourth, decide how you are going to play. Because we like to keep things interesting, we decided to play in the following way:
1. We all started the first round with the person we came with/live with/sleep with/sometimes want to punch in the face/and all that other good stuff and picked a table.
2. We set a timer for 12 minutes and played our brains out to try to get as many rounds in as possible during that time to maximize our points.
3. At the end of the 12 minutes each person wrote down their score on their own scorecard and the couple who lost got up and went to the next table while the couple who won stayed but each moved one chair to partner with the losers who joined the table (meaning you are switching partners every round).
4. We decided to play 10 games which equaled 120 minutes + the down time in between each game to fill up drinks, break out into Adele songs, and eat cupcakes.
5. At the end of the 10 games we had each person tally up their total score and we awarded the top female and the top male with the cash that we initially all put in ($10 per person) meaning they each took away $80 for the night.
6. After awarding prizes, take a shot of patron and dance. The end.
Here’s some photos from the evening – enjoy the serious faces, men yelling, dogs on laps and cards..lots and lots of cards.
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.