Weekend Lessons Learned: Girls Have More Fun (And So On).
May 27, 2013
It’s another edition of “weekend lessons learned”. Let’s get this party started. On second thought, let’s not start another party but rather just read below. Continue on.
1. Those Straw-Ber-Rita’s that you spoke so highly about before…they will end up haunting you come Sunday evening of a holiday weekend. Stick with water. Forever.
2. Farms really are beautiful. Take that St. Thomas and all you other pieces of paradise that try to lure me in with all of your glamorous scenery on a daily basis. Suckers.
3. Ramona and Beezus really is the shiz niz no matter what age you are. If I am to ever have children I would like a 50/50 mix of Ramona and Junie B Jones, thank you very much. Are you reading this lady who is going to bear my children for me? Just a nice mix of those two. That’s all I ask.
4. Waffles are even shizzier than Ramona and Beezus.
5. Asparagus is not to be grilled in this direction. Whatever you learn from reading my blog, learn this. 80% of those spears will end up falling in between those little rails and your dad will get all huffy puffy on you and question your mental state of mind.
In my defense, several were rescued and they tasted just fine with enough cheese thrown on top. Which is another lesson you need to learn–when in doubt, add cheese.
6. That chicken hiding behind that ginormous bowl of potato salad? Verging on the best chicken I’ve ever had. Recipe found here. Make it, love it, make it all over again. You are welcome.
7. My nieces are cuter than yours.
8. If a girl wants to drop it like it’s hot, let her. No matter if dancing with poles is appropriate at her age or not. Entrepreneur. I like it.
9. Women have the duck face pose to rely on when getting a candid picture taken, men have this. I think it’s called the “if you take another picture of me, I will knock your beeping lights out” face. Charming really.
10. Speaking of men, they have it so much easier than us ladies. Just confess it and move on already.
11. However, us ladies have much more fun. Embrace it and live up to our “we are way more fun than you” standards.
12. Because we have much more fun, we will be forced to eat the greasiest food we can find come the morning after we proved how much more fun we are. I promise I will stop saying the word fun now.
13. Come the end of a three day weekend, you will feel much like your dog. Move over beds, center car consoles are where it’s at.
And that concludes yet another fun filled weekend with many, many, valuable lessons learned.
Stay tuned to see what we will all learn come Labor Day weekend!
ps. Props to all of you men and women who have served, do serve, and will continue to serve our country fearlessly. You make this whole “living in america” thing pretty dang cool. And for that, we love you.
pps. A few spaces are left for June sponsorship. you may get yourself in on that action (for all of you in a dry spell this should be pretty exciting) by clicking here. Individual features will be available once I have a brain, energy, and time back.
ppps. What lesson did you learn this weekend? Make it funny and I will share it with my readers in a day or two. Consider it a commenting competition.. it’s on playettes.
As if there weren’t enough lessons to already learn from today’s post, I have one more. Read this girl’s blog.
You like funny? You’ll like her. Trust me on this one. Just read through these answers below to get a glimpse of Ashley and all of her awesomeness. After reading through these Q&A’s be sure to go check out her recent post on 30 things she learned after turning 20. Home girl is spot on.
You have one food that you could eat the rest of your life–what would it be?
McDonald’s french fries. I know I can’t sound any more like a fat kid right now, but any one who tries to deny that these fries are anything less than magical is kidding themselves.
When did you start blogging and why?
My job is the opposite of creative. And while you probably won’t catch me at Michael’s trying to recreate some Pinterest craft, I do enjoy the chance to work on my writing skills and channel my energy into something that speaks to my personality and style.
What does your ideal outfit consist of?
I suppose that depends on where I’m wearing it, because ideal to me at night, when I get home from work, is anything that doesn’t require a bra and is likely a couple sizes too big. But if I have to go out in public, I always feel a little bit better if I have some heels on. I’m already tall (5’7) but I can’t deny the fact that walking around in some really great shoes does wonders for my state of mind.
And last but not least, I have to know–what are your honest thoughts on macaroni and cheese?
Dude. I would eat it every day, but I really have this thing about liking pants that button rather than having to make the switch to 100% elastic-waisted pants.
And on that note, I love her. Be sure to go say hello and get in on this good stuff.
Founder and creator of LIY, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time career which she now runs alongside the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking mirror selfies, you can find Erin spending time on the water, cuddled up with her two pups and husband most likely watching the latest Shark Tank episode, or getting lost in an easy beach read.
Sweater weather is upon us, with cool, crisp, mornings to kick off afternoons at the pumpkin patch! *insert happy dance* Whether you’re looking for cozy cardigans, comfy cowl necks, or show a little skin with off-the-shoulder numbers, we’re sharing the 20 Best Sweaters for Fall! Before we get into all of the outfits, let’s get […]
Crockin’ and rockin’ – that’s how we roll. As soon as those temps start to dip in the mornings and evenings, you can find us puling out the ol’ crockpot and our favorite fall recipes. There’s nothing better than coming home from a day at the office to the smell of the food that’s been […]
Since 2011, Living in Yellow has served as a leading life and style blog.
Our mission is to be a positive light to our community and connect with women both online and in-person. We create and share resources, products, and experiences that help them live a more confident, convenient, and joyful lifestyle.