And here we are again. Another month, another Stitch Fix reveal. Being that this is #36 it shouldn’t come as a shocker to you that I love showing off what I received in my box [it always just sounds so dirty]. I’ve come to the realization that I [almost] get more excited about the notes from my stylist (Hi Layla! xo) than I do the clothing. It’s so awesome to me that I have developed this fun little friendship with a stylist over the past couple of years through the avenue of clothing. As always, she sent me items that I absolutely love and that are perfect for Summer. I always tell her I love simple things but with fun detail – bold colors – work appropriate dresses – and fun things to wear out to dinner! Before showing off this fix, here’s a few items to note:
If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar!
Also, if you are not familiar with Stitch Fix and how it works, let me break it down for you in 3 quick points:
1. Start by filling out your style profile – you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest so your stylist can see what you like!
2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags]. I personally only want clothing in my fix so I just always let my stylist know!
3. Decide what you want and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so – use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don’t be afraid to yes to something that you wouldn’t normally. That’s what makes Stitch Fix so fun!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below. I know some are curious on the pricing, All of the items you see below were less than $80 with several in the $50 range.
Alright, lets get started with this months fix!
1. Skies Are Blue – Gwen Crochet Detail Top [kept]
Yes yes and yes. I am a white junkie. Combine that airy look with this crochet detail and we’ve got ourselves a winner folks. Also perfect for Summer country concerts if I don’t say so myself..
2. Pixley – June Polka Dot Skirt [kept]
So here’s the thing with this one. I pulled it out of the box and first thought that it was going to be sent right back. I wasn’t sure I would have anything in my closet that would pair well with it. Low and behold I found this little top and I loved it. I wore this entire outfit to work on Monday and got so many compliments on the skirt. It is perfectly fitted yet stretchy. Mama like .
3. Gilli – Shayne Maxi Dress [kept]
necklace: crave jewelry
For the twelve hundredth time, I love maxis. Like can’t stop, won’t stop. The back sold me on this one..I love how fun it is and the colors! Oh the colors. Also, if it looks like I dropped this dress in the shower when trying to steam it minutes before taking the pictures you would be exactly right. Yaaay for wet spots.
4. Dear John – Finnegan Roll Cuff Chino Short [returned]
Oh how I loved these shorts. If only you could have felt how comfortable they were. However, I have a pair already almost identical to them so I couldn’t justify keeping them. But the stripes! The nautical stripes! I’ll miss you…
5. Loveappella – Zola Asymmetrical Dress [returned]
Looking back, I’m somewhat irate I sent this dress back. However, I think the pictures hide the fact that I am sucking in all sorts of body parts to the extreme. I adore this color and I love that this is work appropriate, however it was pretty clingy and didn’t fare too well with my love handles and stomach when breathing. So back it went.
And that completes this month’s fix — which do you like the best?
Remember to give Stitch Fix a try for yourself! If you do, let me know how it goes! I always love hearing from readers who give it a go!