It only seemed fitting to have my first official post of 2015 to be food related. Big things this year, big things. I posted this party mix on Instagram a few days ago and a few of you requested the recipe, so here we have it.
I have always been a huge consumer of party mix, however I was never one to make it because hello, time consuming. That is until I realized you can make it all in your crock pot. At that same time the Heavens opened and angels sang over me. It’s super easy and super delicious. I know this only because I have consumed nearly 18 cups of it over the past 48 hours. Below is the recipe I used, however just know you can substitute in other fun things like Cheez-its, cashews, etc.
What You’ll Need
3 Cups Rice Chex Mix
3 Cups Wheat Chex Mix
3 Cups Corn Chex Mix
2 Cups Pretzels
1 Cup Peanuts
1 Cup Cheerios
1 Cup Fritos
1 Cup Garlic Chips
1 Stick Butter, melted
1/3 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons Seasoning Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
How You’ll Make It
1. Fill your crock pot up with all of the solid ingredients [chex, peanuts, etc].
2. In a bowl, mix together the butter, worcestershire, seasoning salt, and garlic powder.
3. Pour mixture over party mix, and stir together.
4. Turn the crock pot to low and let sit for 3 hours, while stirring every hour on the hour to ensure it doesn’t burn.
5. To prevent the mix getting soggy from the condensation from the lid, place a towel under it as shown below.
6. After three hours, transfer party mix to either a giant serving bowl or into containers to store.
For a printable version, click here