It appears it is that time of the month.
The time you find out who you are swapping ornaments with.
Special thank you to Jessah for putting this WHOLE thing together.
I do not even want to think about the amount of time invested in this.
If you had signed up for the ornament swap way back when, this is the post for you.
Read on swappers.
Step 3. Get your match.
On Thursday, November 1st, we will post the swap matches. You will contact the blogger you’re buying for via their blog, email, twitter, facebook, etc. to get their address.
*If you are not contacted by the blogger that is assigned to send to you by Monday, 11/5, please reach out to them.
Step 4. Shop and Mail.
On or before November 12th, purchase and mail your ornament. This means your ornament should be en route to its recipient NO LATER THAN the 12th.
Step 5. Receive & Blog about your ornament!
This is the fun part! Blog, Instagram, Tweet your Ornament Swapping Adventure. Be sure and use #ornamentswap on Instagram & Twitter so other Swappers can find you!
Step 6. Link up!
We will be hosting a Linky Party on December 1st for those of you bloggers that want to link up your posts! (This gives you plenty of time to make sure your ornament arrives & recap your adventures.)
And a few more things you should know.
1. You should spend between $4-$14 on your ornament.
2. Ornaments should be new, as no one wants any “gently used” tree decorations.
3. The ornament you purchase should be something fun, quirky, or beautiful that you’d like to receive and that you will be proud of when it is associated with you and your blog.
4. You can purchase ornaments from anywhere. Like these handmades from Etsy or unique ornaments from Pier One or Target.
5. You will not be sending and receiving to the same person. Technically you aren’t “swapping”, more like a daisy chain of ornaments will be flying through the skies via the postal service. You will send to one person and receive from someone else. This way you get to know at least two people!
6. Be sure to package your ornament in bubble wrap to ensure it arrives safely. Getting a broken ornament is no fun at all.
7. Please do not sign up unless you are 100% sure you can fulfill the swap requirements, we would hate for someone to sign up and not participate.
Here’s the synopsis:
Get your assignment.
Contact your match.
Contact your match.
Send/receive an ornament.
Blog about it.
Grid Iron Lipstick sends to Beeautiful Blessings
Beeautiful Blessings sends to A Fresh Start on a Budget
3 Oh 1 Grace Street sends to At Home with Mrs H
Messy Hair and Cowboy Boots sends to Life as I know It